Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappy Day#2 The Target visit
I went to Target to fill my monthly meds on Mon. I went to pick them up today and they said I couldn’t have them until the 6th.  You can only have them every 30 days.  The reason the cycle was off is that I held the last script for 3 weeks waiting for a weekly sales flyer coupon and couldn’t wait any longer.  So now the bureaucracy does not care if I have the meds I need or not.  With all of the fed and incompetent politicians up our ass with stupid laws and cigar tax type stuff, how have we made it this far.  Further more, Where are we going to end up?  Sorry for the vent.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:I went to Target to fill my monthly meds on Mon. I went to pick them up today and they said I couldn’t have them until the 6th.  You can only have them every 30 days.  The reason the cycle was off is that I held the last script for 3 weeks waiting for a weekly sales flyer coupon and couldn’t wait any longer.  So now the bureaucracy does not care if I have the meds I need or not.  With all of the fed and incompetent politicians up our ass with stupid laws and cigar tax type stuff, how have we made it this far.  Further more, Where are we going to end up?  Sorry for the vent.

I'm a little confused...

Insurance works in such a way that you're allowed to refill your meds every month with a 4-7 day overlap window.  There isn't an insurance company out there that doesn't allow for this.  If you pay cash (no insurance coverage) then these rules don't apply.  I'm assuming we're talking pain meds here as they are more closely regulated  and depending on what they are (CII's) or if you have a pain management contract with your Dr./Pharmacy you may not be able to fill until a certain exact date.  That's all the law and pretty standard operating procedure these days.  Now if you're out then you should just contact your Dr., explain the situation and then find an independent pharmacy and quit patronizing the soulless bastards that are ruining an integral part of the American healthcare system! 

But as for my confusion, if the pharmacy says you shouldn't need them till the 6th then you should have enough to last you.  Are you taking more than you're prescribed?  If so, contact your Dr. and ask for an Rx update.  Or take your meds as prescribed.
macallan2 Wrote:
tafdom Wrote:I went to Target to fill my monthly meds on Mon. I went to pick them up today and they said I couldn’t have them until the 6th.  You can only have them every 30 days.  The reason the cycle was off is that I held the last script for 3 weeks waiting for a weekly sales flyer coupon and couldn’t wait any longer.  So now the bureaucracy does not care if I have the meds I need or not.  With all of the fed and incompetent politicians up our ass with stupid laws and cigar tax type stuff, how have we made it this far.  Further more, Where are we going to end up?  Sorry for the vent.

I'm a little confused...

Insurance works in such a way that you're allowed to refill your meds every month with a 4-7 day overlap window.  There isn't an insurance company out there that doesn't allow for this.  If you pay cash (no insurance coverage) then these rules don't apply.  I'm assuming we're talking pain meds here as they are more closely regulated  and depending on what they are (CII's) or if you have a pain management contract with your Dr./Pharmacy you may not be able to fill until a certain exact date.  That's all the law and pretty standard operating procedure these days.  Now if you're out then you should just contact your Dr., explain the situation and then find an independent pharmacy and quit patronizing the soulless bastards that are ruining an integral part of the American healthcare system! 

But as for my confusion, if the pharmacy says you shouldn't need them till the 6th then you should have enough to last you.  Are you taking more than you're prescribed?  If so, contact your Dr. and ask for an Rx update.  Or take your meds as prescribed.

I have used this store since open. The reason, I had a script filled for my son. 2 days later they called to ask how he was. I was BLOWN away. I own stock in the company and spend $3500 a month when my income is 1500 and eating into my savings. As stated I held the scripts for 3 weeks. They didn't offer the 4 to 7 day which I Knew and asked. I was told If I have to travel,  fill them where I am going instead of there, "WHAT" they lose a BIG sale. I think they were wrong.  My meds, I DO NOT Abuse. I paid HELL building a 4 week buffer for emergency back up. I had to wear 1 patch for 4 LONG painful days in hell to accum them.  If you have a business degree for your job, you wouldn't understand. If you have a degree in pharmacy or medicine, you will know whats happening. I started on a .25 Feltanyl in 02, .50 in 04 and .75 11 months ago and now THEY DON"T work. I don't remember the term for that.Were they right or wrong, I know you will know the answer. Thanks for your help, T

My meds alone, not the family are.

Fentanyl Patch .75   $756.23

Fentanyl OY 200  $482.00

Marinol 2.5  $576.49

Ambien CR 12.5  $122.49

Endocet 5-325 $30.00 = 1967.21 a month

Those are my pain meds only, there are 3 others.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

If you're getting these in 30 day supplies then you're getting ripped off.  Plain and simple.  I'm not going to go into pricing and what i pay for things from the wholesaler but I know Target and the big boys get better pricing than we do and I wouldn't be charging you those prices!  Hell, the fentanyl patches are only about $100 cost for 5 of them so I'm sure your pharmacy loves you because you're a cash cow to them.  Shop around.  Get insurance!  Even at the insane rates you may have to pay I bet it might be better than "3500 a month". 

Lastly, my original point was that the pharmacy doesn't have a say in when you get your meds.  It's either the proper time,or it's not.  You're obviously early.  Oh, and the system isn't designed for you to have a 4 week "emergency supply".  I don't know a Dr. out there that would be comfortable with a patient having a months supply of these kinds of meds just hanging out in reserves! A week or two maybe but a month is insane. 

I'm sorry you have so many health related issues (as is apparent from your pain med regimen) but again, I would recommend you talk with your Dr. since you seem to be building a tolerance (that's the word you were looking for btw).  Hell, you're already looking at some serious withdrawal effects if/when you're able to get off this junk!  I feel for ya.  I really do.  Oh, and my degrees are in Psychology and Addictions with an emphasis on adolescents and crisis intervention for the record.  My pharmacy knowledge comes from 13 years of working in the field and spending every day behind the counter in some capacity.  I'm a licensed Pharmacy Technician as we and have been for the last 10 years or so.
macallan2 Wrote:If you're getting these in 30 day supplies then you're getting ripped off.  Plain and simple.  I'm not going to go into pricing and what i pay for things from the wholesaler but I know Target and the big boys get better pricing than we do and I wouldn't be charging you those prices!  Hell, the fentanyl patches are only about $100 cost for 5 of them so I'm sure your pharmacy loves you because you're a cash cow to them.  Shop around.  Get insurance!  Even at the insane rates you may have to pay I bet it might be better than "3500 a month". 

Lastly, my original point was that the pharmacy doesn't have a say in when you get your meds.  It's either the proper time,or it's not.  You're obviously early.  Oh, and the system isn't designed for you to have a 4 week "emergency supply".  I don't know a Dr. out there that would be comfortable with a patient having a months supply of these kinds of meds just hanging out in reserves! A week or two maybe but a month is insane. 

I'm sorry you have so many health related issues (as is apparent from your pain med regimen) but again, I would recommend you talk with your Dr. since you seem to be building a tolerance (that's the word you were looking for btw).  Hell, you're already looking at some serious withdrawal effects if/when you're able to get off this junk!  I feel for ya.  I really do.  Oh, and my degrees are in Psychology and Addictions with an emphasis on adolescents and crisis intervention for the record.  My pharmacy knowledge comes from 13 years of working in the field and spending every day behind the counter in some capacity.  I'm a licensed Pharmacy Technician as we and have been for the last 10 years or so.

is this a state law?

Deb uses for her meds a local chain, CVS. This is a big chain and there are no less than 3 stores within a 2 mile radious form my house (impressive since over 50% of those 2 miles are over water). She has changed form one store to another and had all sorts of issues. Not errors, just issues as to when they would honor an existing script vs getting a new one. She has in the past made changes due to parking or hours... Now she just goes to the 24 hour one regardles sof other issues.
Well Skip, I'm not up to date on NY law so take this with a grain of salt but essentially what we're talking about here is when the insurance company will authorize payment for a specific drug.  Usually thhey limit you to a 30-day supply with the ability to refill 4-7 days out from when the previous month's Rx is due to be finished.  Now, if you have a script that the Dr. has pre-written (we see this a lot for kids with their damned Adderal and other ADHD meds) then we can't fill it until the date it's written for, obviously.  If you're paying cash (no insurance) then I can fill it whenever as long as it's a valid Rx.  Now, I may choose to alert the Dr. that you're taking enough of something to drop a horse but the real responsibility falls on the Dr. to quit prescribing/writing Rx's in that way.  A pharmacist has the right to refuse to fill an Rx if they feel uncomfortable (usually suspicion of abuse or a fake Rx) but it seems like that wasn't the issue here at all.  I just don't get what the pharmacy's doing in these instances.  Oh, and I'm well aware of who CVS is.  They're trying every day to put me out of business!Tongue
Thats some heavy meds...   I'd be scared to smoke an Opus x while on all that, I'd be on the floor giggling & drooling for days.

As for prices, I believe that a couple of those (if not all) you can get on a 90-day supply at a time at a greatly reduced price.

Just the Fentanyl is only $415 for 90 days!!!  Why are you buying 30-day supplies for an ongoing drug you are required to take??
http://www.valuepointrx.com/servlet/servlets.pricelist.MedSearchServlet?search=F

Endocet 325's are $135 for a 90-day supply which might be more than the $30 you are paying per month.   So its not always the best, but normally it is on the higher end things.

And of course, I'm curious now... why all the meds?   I know thats personal and you don't have to answer.   Just wondering because that is quite a bit to be taking on a regular basis.  :? 

Mac, I hoped I would call you out and I was right from some other post you have made and knew you could help answer question. I get 15 patches a month and they just don't cut it anymore. I don't pay that much now, but I have, somebody is makin a killin. I didn't know it was the Ins. I am also real familier with the med business as I have kin that manages a distribution house in Texas that sends meds all over the US.  Psychology and Addictions, boy I would like to call and talk to you sometime. The only way I will ever be able to get off the meds is a H&K 40 USP I keep on my side @ all times. No Hope. Thanks for your wordsEric the

Eric

Fentanyl I get 15 patches for 1 month for $415, they bitch about that, no such thing for a 90 day ever. That is why they wouldn't fill it early.

There is nothing personal about me. As you will find out if you don't run me off. I will tell you anything you want to know and give you the clothes off my back. Did I mention I was manic and not medicated. That could explain the my cigar binge and like everything I have ever done. Full steam ahead. I smoked cigs anyway and cigars lit another fuse under my ass.  I will stay with it because of my food background and the so many things I get to taste. Everytime I light up just takes my mind and breath away to someplace other than where I am .  I have never had anything do that to me. I litterly will fade out and fall asleep with every cigar I smoke. It relaxes me like a narcotic and I just doze off. I have to fight to stay awake.  Thanks for the chance to spew.  T

Hi, just a note we have matching spines!! (that being said....SUXS HUH?)                                                                                                                       Not any fun, and horrible when you have no support via meds, or your loved ones. I have lived the nightmare, since 96 1ST surgery on L4/5 and no success, and got out of rehab and recooped way too quickly as I had  to go back to work so my beloved husband (then , now my only  EX ) could have open heart surgery, and I had to  support the family (again!! solo) Luckily his surgery was a success for him, and our children, and he bounced happily back into his no responsibilty life..Early rush back to work caused problems and eventuall 2nd surgery in 02, then divorce 03, but I would never wished my  back pain/injuries/surgeries,, on my most hated enemy. (not even my EX deserves the pain suffered with back surgeries 96 & 02, and the endless pain you have to live with!) Its such a shame tthat ignorant people do not understand that chronic nerve or spinal pain is HORRENDOUS!!!! Or better yet be too ignorant to comprehend that your spine is part of your nervous system, SO YELLING AT THE PERSON IN PAIN IS NOT HELPING THEM, ONLY MAKING THE PAIN INCREASE!!!! Or stealing your pain meds and taking them theirselves so they could get a party high on, leaving the one in pain to wait till the next prescription could be filled!!!. God bless ya...hang in there...and remember there is always internet pharmacies to get what ya need. Available from all over Europe at a much better pricing I may add!!