Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Cobre
madurodave Wrote:My memory came back to me once I read that article.  Dave send me a couple of these, robustos, I do believe.  I will be getting a bundle. And Jimmy and Bob, I will send you guys a few. 

Funny how I enjoyed this cigar so well and didn't even remember sampling..... DOH!
Thank You. I just got a few Lanceros, PM your address and I'll send you the same. 
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:i just got off the phone with Dave...

this is the only place to go for the el cobres for the time being...

http://www.discountcigars.org/cigars.asp?parentval=274
I am assuming then that these will become more available in the future ..... or rather I'm hoping these are not about to become extinct.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Are these the same cigars as the "Lobotomizer"? 
ashman Wrote:Are these the same cigars as the "Lobotomizer"? 
The Lobotomizer/Bruce Lee was what could be called the prototype.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
ashman Wrote:Are these the same cigars as the "Lobotomizer"? 

The Lobotomizer is Daves name for it.

Bruse Lee is what the rollers used to write on the bundles.

The name is El Cobre.

From the CA Article:
Quote:I drop in on occasion to a cigar club in Connecticut called Club Perfecto, and last year during baseball season a club member named Dave handed me a smoke that had been dubbed “The Lobotomizer.” I thanked him, lit it up, and found it just too strong for my palate. (Who could have guessed?)

When I told Dave, I think he was surprised—He enjoys his cigars on the strong side, and was on his fourth or so of the day of that particular blend.
The Dave referenced here is our Bulz (but we have to share him with his lovely wife). The Club Perfecto is the lounge at CFO.
I beleive I was given one years ago by either Skipper or Bulz that did not have a band on it.  My kinda smoke!!!!!
ashman Wrote:I beleive I was given one years ago by either Skipper or Bulz that did not have a band on it.  My kinda smoke!!!!!
Skipper got me hooked on them too!!Big Grin
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
ashman Wrote:I beleive I was given one years ago by either Skipper or Bulz that did not have a band on it.  My kinda smoke!!!!!
Skipper got me hooked on them too!!Big Grin

add me to that equation as well,

though for some reason I got bombed a couple of times from a couple of sources ...... Wink ....... and ended up with 4 in total.

1 is left and will get torched in a few years when it gets some bloom on it ............. I reckon it will blow my mind even more than the others I smoked.

Confusedhock:

I bought some from the source listed above.  Haven't arrived yet but I am going to put up a fiver for a long nap.  Had another one in the man cave Sunday.  Man that is one stinky room and the purifier is working overtime.
Great smoke and although they are strong they have a great flavor that really makes the strength a secondary nuance to me.