Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Flu Season Here Already?
Is Flu season here already?

Since Friday, I've been feeling more run down than usual. More aches & pains & muscle soreness. My back has been acting up alot lately, so I figured that was the reason.

While sleeping Sat night thru Sunday morning, I woke up freezing, took my temp 102.2° I tried to relax yesterday, took Hydrocodone for the pain & fever...it seemed to work.

I woke up early this morning, around 1 am, chills, freezing and a 104° temp. I took more hydrocodone, tried to go back to bed. Woke up at 5:30 am to take a shower & get ready for work...I was so tired and cold etc...I just went back to bed. I woke up around 11 am.

If been taking Hydrocodone all day now & piggy-backing  Motrin too, with it. I still feel like sh!t & worse when I feel the drugs wearing off. 

I'm not sure what this is....Is this too early for the flu?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
No it is not to early for the flu. You can check regional outbreaks for your particular area on the web and I would tell you where if I could remember where.....:?  This is definitely the right time for a flu shot everyone.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
My girlfriend Carrie, who is a nurse and works in the injection room of the local Meduical group is swamped with people getting flu shots this week.

That said she says NOW IS THE TIME FOR EVERYONE TO GET ONE.

Now get on it!

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I plan to get a flu shot...my Dr told me I should have it.

But I don't know what I have right now....:?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Sorry you've been down. I just came off of a 4 day both ends myself. Having 12 years in the med field, I don't miss a flu shot. The prob is they only last 3 months. That being said I always wait until mid Nov to get mine. Good luck

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:I plan to get a flu shot...my Dr told me I should have it.

But I don't know what I have right now....:?

feel better soon, man.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
feel better, indio. you know it's the flu if you find yourself in the fetal position and unable to open your lids because the light hurts.

well, that or bolivian hemmorragic fever...

Big Grin
Yea, feel better.

The only time I caught the flu was the year I has a flu shot. Never had one again and so far never had the flu. Go Figure? 
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
[user=569]Jimmie the Mum[/user] wrote:
Quote:The only time I caught the flu was the year I has a flu shot.

me too! [wtf2]

...then they said that year's vaccine was off by a couple of virus strains. that made me feel a lot better as my brain turned into a soft boiled egg and my bones imploded like a starlet's sobriety.
i too am under the weather Jan... My throat is KILLING me, nasal drip, nauseous and very achy. Aside form that I feel great. Oh... tired as all heck too.

Feel better Tonto.