Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edge Sumatra~
I got a bundle of the torps...They are the best offering from RP. That's MHO.
I'm not really a fan of Edge.  They all taste dirty to me. Only way I can explain it.  The corojo is the only one I've smoked that I didn't toss half way. Sad
Nice review...I'm going to have to pickup a couple to try...Smile
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Not A Nice Person Wrote:This is a goooood smoke. Big Grin

The legendary RP Edge has been a staple in my lineup in both its corojo and maduro versions for years now, even with the unfortunate dip in quality (now overcome, thankfully) of two years or so ago. Knowing as I did that the aforementioned decline had been the result of switching to a different leaf due to overselling his supply, I had to wonder if this "Special Edition" was a marketing ploy to cover a similar shortage.

Doesn't matter. Rocky hit this one out of the ballpark.

What I most like in a cigar is a sense of balance, like a good rock song--wailing spice top notes and a deep throbbing bass section. If a cigar is justm spice, with no meatiness, or just depth, with no "guitar solo," it's not nearly as satisfying. This combination . . . is Rolling Stones in a wrapper. The Sumatran leaf adds coffee, spice, and raisin notes to the Edge's characteristically meaty filler and creates pure smoking satisfaction.

What's more, like any really good stick, the flavors mature, change, and strengthen as the cigar progesses, ending with a fantastic leather and espresso nub that I'm having an awfully hard time stubbing out here.

Anyone got a toothpick? Big Grin

NANP™
[cigar]

OK, smoked another one tonight AFTER ordering a box and I am not at all sorry about my order.

Just like NANP descirbes above but along with what Don says, I have always been an Edge maduro fan.  Matter of fact that might be THE cigar that got me hooked into  this hobby.  This cigar is better IMHO as it has a bit more balance and more sweet tobacco than the maduro and less of the dryness that others have described in the corojo (I'm not a juge corojo fan in general).

This is a winner...and once again, I'm druke!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.