Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelosi - You make make this stuff up
this train has been on a dirt road since after the first few posts
[user=569]Jimmie the Mum[/user] wrote:
Quote:Either way, speaker Nancy Pelosi is a dumb ASS.

Whereas Skipper proclaimed:
Quote:this train has been on a dirt road since after the first few posts

And, mindful of the real world disasters striking close to home, I just want to gently suggest two things, John---one, that somebody disagreeing with you does not make them stupid, or an ass, or misinformed, or on drugs. After all, there are acknowledged experts in every field---yours included, I would imagine---holding diametrically opposed positions. Even my considerably less technical world sees periodic flamewars erupt between the phonetic and whole language camps!

And two, that you are in my experience an unfailingly honest and honorable man. My gut feeling in threads like these---taxation, the Great Class War Divide, conservative vs. liberal, etc.---is that you have a certain amount of "blind spot" . . . you seem unable to consider the notion that many, perhaps even most, of the people well above you in the "wealth hierarchy" of this country are not nearly your equal in either respect.

Down here at my end of things, we get screwed by the big guys, and the bosses, and the government, often enough to not trust any of them.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
ok, this is my last post on this.

Honestly, no, other authorities on the subject know the indisputable facts just as I do.

While I appreciate the fever in which you present your argument, it is emotionally presented. While mine too is and was full of emotion, it was factual. Mathematically and I stayed the course.

now...

I do not see where I insulted anyone at any time. Also, you quoted Jim and responded to me. ?

As far as getting insulting, I don't see where I did it. However in earlier (other) political threads, I found insult in some of the other camps responses. Comments such as "finally a voice of reason". And more.

It's no secret that you are a devote democrat and I am a card carrying member of the republican belief system. You cant see how blind a person must be not to believe in the democrats way and I too on the other side. But, I do try to present facts and hold the emotion. I don't always succeed. There is one truth tho that will always be true. I will not convert you nor will you convert me. So we agree to disagree and maybe have an intellectual conversation/debate form time to time.

But I will continue to correct where I know something to be false. Not just opinion. I would hope my pedigree adds some validity.
Quote:It's no secret that you are a devote democrat

Actually, no. That's just the first of many misconceptions to which the Republican inability to see beyond rigid dichotomies can lead. Believe it or not, not everyone who does not adhere to your views is a Democrat.

I'm a Green/Libertarian independent, with anarchist/syndicalist tendencies and Republican positions on certain issues. Sorry if that makes my politics too complex to be neatly pigeonholed into some "you're this and believe that" rhetorical box, but it's a complex world.

I quoted Jim as an example of where this thread started before "going off the track onto a dirt road," as you more or less phrased it. And you insulted ME, personally, every time you characterized my views as "drinking more Koolade."

Which is okay, btw. Political, errrrr, discussion tends to lend itself to that sort of riposte. But I can't help but see the intellectual rigidity that comes from a presumption of absolute rightness as somewhat . . . well, somewhat rigid. And I happen to know there are several major and opposing schools of thought in economic theory.

I may not be good enough at math to understand 'em, lol, but I damn sure know they're out there. Big Grin

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Either way, speaker Nancy Pelosi is a dumb ASS.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
for the record skipper is a god and after reading this thread my esteem for you has grown even further sir.  i love finance and economics almost as much as cigars and baseball and would love to pick your brain on the subject sometime.

frankly i think if someone would just take one for the team and finally show ms. pelosi some action she'd losen up and come back down to earth.

and rather than drudge up all sorts of arguments already debated ad infinitum here's two fun facts:

1. you have a job?  you're rich.  they'll come for you eventually when they run out of depleted bank accounts.

2.  a deadbeat living off the government cheese receives more in finance and services than an average joe who works for $35,000 a year.  go figure. why work at all?  up those social programs. yeah that'll fuel progress.   :?
[user=569]Jimmie the Mum[/user] wrote:

Well, frankly, since she's 1. a woman, 2. a politician, and 3. at the top of the Democrat food chain, I think "dumb ass" is a bit redundant. Big Grin

I'd consider her inept, and guilty of both a political "tin ear" (i.e., clueless) and of pandering to her constituency. As a progressive/independent (and occasional radical, lol) I hate that the current Democratic leadership would rather make political points than substantive change, would rather grandstand than problem-solve, and has wasted the groundswell of support for ending the war in Iraq on pointless and futile "symbolism" as surely as the war itself has wasted the 9/11 international outpouring of goodwill this country enjoyed before Bush got stupid on us.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:[user=569]Jimmie the Mum[/user] wrote:

Well, frankly, since she's 1. a woman, 2. a politician, and 3. at the top of the Democrat food chain, I think "dumb ass" is a bit redundant. Big Grin

I'd consider her inept, and guilty of both a political "tin ear" (i.e., clueless) and of pandering to her constituency. As a progressive/independent (and occasional radical, lol) I hate that the current Democratic leadership would rather make political points than substantive change, would rather grandstand than problem-solve, and has wasted the groundswell of support for ending the war in Iraq on pointless and futile "symbolism" as surely as the war itself has wasted the 9/11 international outpouring of goodwill this country enjoyed before Bush got stupid on us.

NANP™
[cigar]
excellent post.  i may not agree on all aspects but an excellent post.
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Well, frankly, since she's 1. a woman, 2. a politician, and 3. at the top of the Democrat food chain, I think "dumb ass" is a bit redundant. Big Grin
oh my... Debbi would... ahem.. love this.