Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted's Hand Made Cigar
http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=7017&forum_id=2

If you remember I posted in a previous thread that I received a free cigar (URL above) called Ted's.  Well I smoked it today.  I wasn't expecting it to be good and although it wasn't bad it also wasn't good. I would say an average smoke for a beginner or for someone that likes a very mild smoke.

Pre-light draw was quite good as far as the draw, but there was no detectable aroma or flavor. It lit quite well, and burned equally well. I kept waiting for some flavor to develop, but it did not.

A solid ash but that's where it ends.   However, it lacked  umph and had no flavor to it. It just burned good and nothing else.

I have no pics as I smoked it in my car while driving to the beach house.

I wouldn't go out and buy one. If I had one I would give it to a newbie as a first smoke or to someone that likes very mild cigars. 
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
You get what you pay for? Cool

Well, I guess no taste is better than a bad taste!
all too often this is what happens with any store cigar. Especially if they are rolling their own.

If they roll their own, then they get their tobacco form the leftovers after the giants buy up all the quality. With the giants buying many hundreds of bails or the entire crop, what's left over is offered to these independents (you can totally forget about any sort of consistency form batch to batch).

Also, these guys will not be able to get much tobacco so what they do get goes into their filler, binder and wrapper.

I avoid all home rolled cigars at all costs. I will not even give them to any one else, I simply toss them away.

I am equally suspicious of most store brands too. Here again, there is not much the stores have under their control to make the guys manufacturing them care all that much. Sooner or later the quality and tobacco will go down. And the manufacturer has little to worry about, His name is not on the cigar.

Finally, consider this. Any store with a store brand makes a fortune on these cigars. They get them for a song and double the price TWICE! So if you pay $10 for one of these "gems" you are buying a $5 cigar.

There are a few exceptions (like the Oliva El Cobre, which started out as Jose Olivas personal blend). But this is few and far between.

Proceed with caution.
I know it's not always wise to judge a book by its cover, but seriously?  "Ted's?"

I saw these in my local shop yesterday and laughed a little.  Who names a "premium" cigar Ted's?
BuffaloBill Wrote:I know it's not always wise to judge a book by its cover, but seriously?  "Ted's?"

I saw these in my local shop yesterday and laughed a little.  Who names a "premium" cigar Ted's?
I've heard that "Ralph's" are much better. "Fred's" are just so-so. Tongue Wink
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Maybe I will let my "Burt's" age for another year then?