Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fumadores Review
In the not so distant past I ordered up some Fumadores from Holt's.  I have heard some good about this cigar and the price is right at $43.95 for 20 cigars.  I figured at this cheap price I don't have much to lose.  If they really suck I can send them off to Mack's and he might give me a shipping discount on box of $349 Anejo Sharks.

Well tonight I had the priveledge of smoking a Fumadores cigar.  This is supposed to be a budget cigar with "Big" taste.  I will try to get this review done here before Parkster wakes up.  I love it when he chimes in on my reviews.  But first, here is the first pic.  As you can see from the box, nothing fancy.

[Image: November07090.jpg]

Sergione and Stands and Looks Back would be very proud of me.  I searched the net for some Spanish enunciations.  These are not pronounced "fume a dor ese"  as with a long u as in fume.  "Foom a dorrrr ase"  The ending is not ass but ase like in the A's.  Damn that flutter r is hard to do.  I might have to invest in some tongue exercises.

Back to the review. 

Construction/Appearance:  Nothing special here in either case.  These are budget cigars and they look veiny to me.  They did however smell fantastic.  Upon clipping the head I had some unravelling but nothing that a little saliva could not solve.  Sorry about that description but it is what it is and I have no other way to describe it!

Burn/Draw:  The burn was actually pretty damn good and the draw was easy throughout.  I never once had to touch up except when the first ash fell and I had some wrapper overhanging.  Easy fix though!  Here are some pics of the progression:

[Image: November07092.jpg]

[Image: November07094.jpg]

I did not get a pic of the longest ash in time.  But here is the second ash:

[Image: November07095.jpg]

Also in relation to the burn the Fumadores had lot's of creamy smoke.  A few times I had to draw a little more to keep it lit but it did not take much to stoke the flame again.

Taste:  I thought that if these tasted bad I could rid myself of a few here and there in some bombs.  Not that I don't like you guys but I just thought good cannon fodder for you to give to your inlaws so as for you to save your good smokes for those who really matter most.  I am always thinking of my buddies on Stogie Chat.

This cigar turned out to really surprise me.  I found grip loads of nutmeg..........ah, shitcan that last statement.........  Not true.  Hmmmmmmmmm, trying to recall where I heard that phrase before?  Must be a California thing? 

Anyways, for the longest time I could not identify what flavor this cigar tasted like.  The advertised description says medium to full bodied.  I thought that this cigar was mellow and built up to a medium bodied creshendo.  There was just a small, smattering of pepper on my lips initially but that went away quickly.  I eventually identified that flavor as that of vanilla or a french vanilla cappacino.  In fact I tasted grip loads of it. 

Now mind you this is a budget cigar which breaks down to $2.20/stick.  But I can honestly say that this cigar smokes like a $8 cigar.  In comparision, the Fumadores had similiarities to the Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver.  I am not at all saying that the Fumadore is a better cigar but I was just reminded of it in similarities in flavor and strength.  And at this low price point a real bargain.

As many of you may not know I love to golf.  And of course in ND we have a short golf season.  So when I golf in the spring and summer its quite often.  In fact, daily if I can get out.  My most favorite time to have a cigar is on the golf course.  However, I have recently learned that many of these fine premium cigars out there are just meant for lounging in one's dwelling or in a lounge with friends.  I feel that these Fumadores would be perfect in quantity for most of my golf outings.  Not that I won't want to smoke other cigars cause I will.  But this will be a nice, mellow smoke for on the course.  And at the low price I can hand out a few as tokens of friendship.

In summary of the flavor it never really wavered away from the vanilly taste.  The strenght built up some but never really got that strong at all.  For the low cost this is not a shit cigar but one I think everyone will enjoy in a pinch.  But for many with a complex palate this cigar will bore you.  Personally I will not light these up again this winter in my garage.  But I have friends who like a mellow cigar and these will be perfect.  And again, they will make a good golfing cigar.

I have 29 more of these so if anyone wants to try them PM me and I will be happy to send one out.  Tafdom, your's is on the way!

I give the Fumadores 4 of 7 stars!

Daryn

Next review is this:  I can't wait!

[Image: November07091.jpg]

Great review Tank, Holts makes these cigars sound so dang good plus they throw in Don Penin's name a lot, that helps sales. Im glad that it turned out to be an enjoyable cigar not a ploy. And grip-loads of Vanilla, mmm, really....hahahaha

Awesome pics and nice burn, plus, you will enjoy those Old Henry's, Doc gifted me, along with everyone at the herf a corona and wow, loved it.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Not bad for a short filler cigar,hence the flackey ash.Look out for the Old Henry they will blow your head off!!!! smoke em' one a full stomach with libation.Big GrinCool one of my favorites of the year!![rob]
Bluesman455 Wrote:Not bad for a short filler cigar,hence the flackey ash.Look out for the Old Henry they will blow your head off!!!! smoke em' one a full stomach with libation.Big GrinCool one of my favorites of the year!![rob]
The Old Henrys are great. Take Dons advice though because they are full flavor the whole way!!!
Great review as always.  Pics are incredible.  Thanks for trying these for us - I have wondered about these sticks, but didn't want to spend my cash on an unknown.

Looking fwd to the review on the Old Henry.
great review wow what a camera

Thanks for the great review and pics!

Now the pronunciation....   we're going to have to work on that...   Cool

Nice review. I bought a box of these when they first came out, and its Time for another one since I am down to 2 left. These really are a bargain shoppers delight. As for the Old Henry's, I am almost through my third box of the coronas. I am looking forward to trying the Holt's Connoisseur Collection sampler I got with my last purchase, its one of the few Pepin sticks I haven't tried yet. I  will look for the review  of the Old Henry's.