Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Cigar Insider"
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:any friend of Padron, is a friend of mine

great cigars
I am sure hoping the Vs age very well. Out of the box they are pretty awesome to a newbie palet. I just ordered more Oliva and Sans to put away and share.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Stands and Looks Back Wrote:I've had the Serie V Lancero..i love it

then i had it in the dble robusto...i hated it Sad

thanks for the info wingo
I really want to try the lancero Smile

US_Tank Wrote:
wingo Wrote:They are a good cigar Jeebus, but not as good as those ratings. I haven't tried any from the 07 release, but I'd give the 06's 89-90.

They have a really dry finish which is kind of irritating.

I don't think the Serie V or the Padilla 68 are worthy of their ratings either.

The others I haven't tried. 

I agree with Wingo about the Oliva Serie V.  Great cigar but overrated.  I have a Padilla '68 in my humi that I have yet to try.  As for the Anejo No. 55 I personally think it deserves its ranking.  I had my first about a month ago and I loved it!

Just minutes ago I finished a Black Pearl Morado and I too believe its overrated.  It has a nice, pleasant flavor but lacked the uhmph that I desire.  Great newbie cigar but I will write a review on it soon!

I am beating a dead horse, you guys know how I feel,  but I believe that the San Cristobal is the best of the best this year of the non-Cubans.   I say this without yet trying some of the Cubans on the list.  I had better get on that.  However, the list gives the excellent rating to the San Cristobal Monumento which is a great smoke but I love the Guajiro the best.

Ashton VSG,  also overrated in my book.  But that's just me!  We all have our desired tastes.  
I have yet to try the San Cristobal, but the best new cigar I've smoked this year is the AVO 787.
i would agree that the san cristobal is a great cigar, but i prefer them in the supremo or fabuloso sizes, but that's all preference. i'm happy to see a sancho so far up on that list, truly a great cigar, and horribly underrated. great find tank.
Thanks for the info Tank...that is quite the list.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
You are welcome LK!  Where you from?
non cuban advertisers take the top 4 spots?
And if you read the article CA talks about giving more overall 90's ratings than ever before.  I don't recall the #'s but I can find them if anyone wants.  They also gave more 93,'s 94's, and an unprecedented 95.
All good stuff, nice to see I now have some of these stogies on the list..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
US_Tank Wrote:You are welcome LK!  Where you from?
I'm NY..close to the rest of these crazy long islanders and one little brooklyn copper...hahahahahahahaha
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007