Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Cristobal Guajiro
*with thanks to Tank!*

This was the ONE size I hadn't been able to find and try here, but Daryn went and fixed that for me . . . the bomb-happy bastige! Big Grin

So here we go:

Size: 6.63 X 46
MSRP: about $9.25
Construction: Absolutely flawless, no hard or soft spots, beautiful little pigtail cap.

Pre-light Aroma: raisins & molasses & really good tobacco

Burn/Draw: Burn was razor-sharp and perfect; draw was firm but good. Smoke volume was medium and the ash held extremely well.

Overall impressions: Although this was a terrific smoke, the Fabuloso remains my favorite San Cristobal. Despite the tougher draw on that tightly rolled torp, the flavors were sweeter and spicier, with more cinnamon and raisin notes, than on the Guajiro.

This was woodier and more leathery . . . neither of those are attributes I mind, lol, they're some of my favorite flavors. However, I felt this vitola started out a bit too mild for my taste, and never quite reached the strength and intensity of the Fabuloso. GREAT cigar, nonetheless, and I'll definitely reach for one again, anytime. The spice notes picked up gradually, and the stick built to a nice leathery finish with a hint of pepper, but . . . when it comes time or opportunity (or the damn cash) to spring for a box, it'll be the torpedo I pull the trigger for.

Ratings, 1-10 Scale:

Construction: 9.5
Burn: 9.7
Draw: 8.2
Taste: 8.7

Terrific cigar, highly recommended. Not my fave in the San Cristobal line, but honestly . . . ANY of the San Cristobal vitolas gets my nod over probably 9 out of 10 cigars out there. This is an "out of the ballpark" showing from two great names in the business.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Glad you still liked it.  I too love the Fabuloso, as I do the Monumento, as I do the Maestro, as I do the Supremo, as I do the Robusto.  Damn their all good!
US_Tank Wrote:Glad you still liked it.  I too love the Fabuloso, as I do the Monumento, as I do the Maestro, as I do the Supremo, as I do the Robusto.  Damn their all good!

You left out my favorite... the Classico! [cigar]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
I'm waiting on the Francisco.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

those cigars are some mighty stuff Wink
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
ColbyPants Wrote:those cigars are some mighty stuff Wink
Could you elaborate on that?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.