Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday Smoke #2: Anejo Shark
. . . aka Arturo Fuente Reserva Extra Viejo #77.

After a wonderful day with family---Mom, brother, nephew, my two darling grandnieces Maddie and Chloe---and a terrific dinner of ham, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn and asparagus . . . not to mention my knockout relish tray and cheese board spectacular (we really pull out all the stops in my family) I finally returned home laden with leftovers and presents (including item #1 on my wishlist, a chef-quality s/s omelette pan) and settled in to Godfather II, some Dalmore Cigar Malt, and the second Anejo Shark from the full box I was able to score this year with the help of a wonderful BOTL *cough* Headley *cough* here at StogieChat.

What more can be said about a cigar everyone here knows and loves and chases after every December? I feel almost silly taking a stab at it, but here goes . . .

Size/Vitola: 5 5/8 X 54, Boxpressed "square to round" pyramide

Construction/MSRP: Flawless Big Grin $9.25 list, but if you can get it for under $12, absolutely worth it.

Prelight Aroma: Raisins, molasses, snatch . . . [lol]

Well, nothing's better than poon, as Parkster is quoting me as having said these days. But some things, at least when it comes to aroma, come CLOSE.

The Smoking Experience: The first few puffs are mild and sweet, and then the rock 'n roll roadshow begins . . . sweet and spicy, with coffee, cocoa and molasses (almost rumlike) notes that deepen and strengthen as the smoke progresses, becoming powerful and intense---but still sweet and smooth---in the final third. This is just one of those classic, "oh my god you've gotta smoke one of THESE!" cigars that creates its own memorable occasion every time you light one up.

The single adjective that leaps to mind is RICH . . . just an incredibly rich tasting, full bodied, complex smoke.

Glad Yule to me. Cool

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Fantastic review and description.  I so cannot wait to try this cigar.  Thanks Boar.
snatch eh?

Big Grin
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:snatch eh?

Big Grin
i'm sold!
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:

Big Grin
i'm sold!

Damn you guys are funny, now I know why this cigar sells so quickly.

Cool review there NANP, I was going to light one up as well but since I only have one I thought twice, so i burned a pam 1926
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
sergione Wrote:

Big Grin
i'm sold!

Cool review there NANP, I was going to light one up as well but since I only have one I thought twice, so i burned a pam 1926
you ass, i wish i had one..Sad

the PAM 26 was pretty nice though Cool

I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:
sergione Wrote:

Big Grin
i'm sold!

you ass, i wish i had one..Sad

the PAM 26 was pretty nice though Cool

nice?:X

that thing made me so dang dizzy I felt like I took LSD and got on a marry-go-round.

but it was worth itBig Grin
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Quote:
Quote:Did somebody say POON?

that thing made me so dang dizzy I felt like I took LSD and got on a marry-go-round.

but it was worth itBig Grin

I got clocked by a cigar yesterday too. I mean down for the count. Come to figure out I had not eaten in like 36 hours The pisser is, my next smoke was going to be MY FIRST 77 and it didn't happen. Great job on what I missed.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Great review NANP, a great cigar as well. Santa brought me 15 beautiful sharks. Smile
fishhound Wrote:Great review NANP, a great cigar as well. Santa brought me 15 beautiful sharks. Smile

wow

great job santa Smile