Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you a robusto fan?
Bungalowbill Wrote:the more i smoke, the more i like every single size out there. i dig having a choice. but for some reason i get a little more fired up about double coronas and petite coronas.

as for robustos, one of the best sticks i have right now is a box of psd4's.
dig the choice
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
Bungalowbill Wrote:the more i smoke, the more i like every single size out there. i dig having a choice. but for some reason i get a little more fired up about double coronas and petite coronas.

as for robustos, one of the best sticks i have right now is a box of psd4's.
dig the choice
I third that. Robustos have always been my go to. Runners up would have to be Belicoso and toro's
I like all sizes that I have tried, but the robustos are my current favorites.  When I buy singles they are 95% robustos now.  I like Toros a lot as well, but I have several coronas and churchills in the humis as well.  My selection of which one to burn depends on how much time I have to burn.  I have found the robustos are about the right size for my normal "burn time".
I love em all, but Robustos are my favorite!
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

I gotta concur.  Robustos are perfect for me.  I like a nice torpedo or a toro every now and then, but I find myself buying far more robustos than anything else. 
Robusto is my go to choice.
If time permits I'll take all sizes but lately it' Lanceros.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I love all the choice available in the Robusto vitola, along with that great combination of 1) larger girth, 2) lower cost per occasion, and 3) almost perfect smoking time. As life has gotten busier, I find that the idea of carving out 1.5-2.5 hours to smoke a cigar is not as appealing as it once was. At about an hour, smoking a robusto can fit the bill nicely with a busy lifestyle.

On the other hand, when I do have that precious window available, I am starting to favor the torpedos. Unfortunately, what used to be a daily ritual for me has now become a weekly occasion at best. So, on those rare days, I like to go with the best. And I find that, more and more, I prefer the comfortable mouthfeel that the torpedo provides. I just find myself more comfortable with a torp.

And I agree with Scott in his original post for this thread. Sometimes you just want a little bit more than what you get with a Robusto. And for those occasions, a torpedo's length can provide that perfect amount of tobacco time.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
As stated earlier in the thread, the torp is my preferred shape. I just finished a 2 hour search on the shape and was amaized at variation of the sizes. Not to mention the Belicosa, pyramid being kinda the same.  Just thinking that,  I left out the perfecto, so I have more howework to do. It seems not all but most  have the torp like head. Afterall, when I go to the humi I am thinking how much time I want or can devote to the R&R. Maybe I will start another thread on the shape. Thanks for the inspiration Dave.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I prefer a toro over the robusto.

In general I like a smaller ring more.