Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a new desktop humi.
Go to  the Daniel Marshall website, get the phone number, call and ask for  humidor seconds at a huge discount. They will fax  or email a list of available items with their beautiful woods.

I purchased a Treasue Chest 150 recently and I cant even find the flaw. It is stunning.

You can return it if you dont like it but they are beautiful and well made.
Maybe try this? or wait it out again for Holts. They usually put something just like this up for anywhere from 25-50 bucks. Discdog pointed some out last year and I bought 4 of them just to have for 20.00 each. Cant complain about any of them.

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/2633
Poriggity Wrote:Daryn, Trust me, if I buy a new one anytime soon, I will not be buying from ebay. Smile
Scott  
I  must have got lucky as I bought a 300 ct off ebay about 2.5 yrs ago.  Beautiful and works great.  I think around 120 with shipping.  Very well built.  Lucky me!
I was burnt by an ebay humidor, my 1st "big" one....loved everything about it, except for it's inability to hold humidity.
Wow!  Check this one out...

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DH-300GTB-IMP&Category_Code=imperfects&Product_Count=2
JoeBob Wrote:I was burnt by an ebay humidor, my 1st "big" one....loved everything about it, except for it's inability to hold humidity.

yeah no doubt i bought a car like that once . . . it was beautiful!!!  but i couldnt keep it running. . . .go figure huh!

i was thinking about buying and H for my desk top at work but the friggin temperature is up and down so bad i just dont know if would be worth it?

what do you think?  i was worried about the condensation thing with the temp spikes and bottoming out on me if i were to get a glass humidor

i guess i should go with the trusty WOOD!

Gordon Wrote:
JoeBob Wrote:I was burnt by an ebay humidor, my 1st "big" one....loved everything about it, except for it's inability to hold humidity.

yeah no doubt i bought a car like that once . . . it was beautiful!!!  but i couldnt keep it running. . . .go figure huh!

i was thinking about buying and H for my desk top at work but the friggin temperature is up and down so bad i just dont know if would be worth it?

what do you think?  i was worried about the condensation thing with the temp spikes and bottoming out on me if i were to get a glass humidor

i guess i should go with the trusty WOOD!
Wood would be the best but the temp is a killer. The chemical PG will help to stabilize the humidity spikes. What size box have you thought about getting?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

i was thinking something small-ish and unobtrusive  hold 25 sticks maybe a tad less
25 sticks... just get yourself an old cigar box and call id a day. Add some beeds and a gauge.

Seriously, anything less than 100 sticks is nothing more than a cigar box. anything less than 300 sticks is just a small bandaid.

And be aware, there is no AICHS (American Institute for Cigar Humidor Size). A box said to hold 100 sticks will barely hold 60 unless you are into making your own box-pressed.
check this out

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=8611&forum_id=5