Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viaje Holiday Blend
Brethren,

I have been looking forward to this cigar ever since I heard it was coming out.  I have grown quite fond of the Viaje brand having smoked most of the different lines offered.  This particular cigar is the Holiday Blend.  From an online site I read they only produce 100 boxes of these, so I was eager to make the purchase.  There is no doubt this will be my holiday cigar but I couldn't wait to open the box and try one pre-holiday.  The cigars came very nicely packaged with a green ribbon holding the cigars together in the box.

The cigar has some serious weight in the hand.  I like the size of this one.  You could call it a super robusto.  Very good construction with triple caped head and a covered foot which is a nice touch.  There is noticeable oils on the wrapper.  Enough of this banter, time to punch and light.

Right off the bat I find a wonderful array of spice and leather.  I'm a big fan of Criollo and this wrapper is living up to its name.  I'd put the smoke at a medium to full body.  Nicaragua is producing some of the best tobacco out there.  In my opinion there is nothing more similar to a Cuban.  Ill venture to say I like Nicaraguan tobacco as much as Cuban, but that's just me.

Passing the first 1/4" I have to say I'm loving this cigar.  The resistance is perfect providing copious amounts of rich smoke.  Leather accompanies the spice in a perfect balance.  I must pause a second to enjoy the moment.

At the half way point I find the cigar has reached its sweet spot.  The smoke is full bodied with leather and a sweetness that I am really enjoying.  This is where I leave you my friends.  Time to put down the lap top, sit back and enjoy.

If you're looking for a great smoke to enjoy this holiday look no further.

Happy Holidays to all of you!

[Image: gallery_7858_644_18986.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_644_10452.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_644_14848.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_644_11460.jpg]
Nice review! I am looking for these smokes too.. I have found a couple places that have them, but I don't have the $$ at the moment Sad
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

excellent review! Thanks so much!