Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single malt minatures? Where to buy?
(09-15-2012, 04:23 AM)Parkster Wrote: Are you taking tasting notes for each of these, or are you simply happy to try each of them and as many as you can.

I would suggest trying 3 or 4 at a time until you can distinguish which style of malt would be your preference and then to take it from there with regards to what you would have as a go to and a special treat selection.

If you find something you like, then buy a bottle, for as much as a miniature is a good taste, a bottle can be a lot different.

You mentioned over a dozen malts there, all with different characteristics and I would bet that not all of them would be something you would go back to regularly.

Just a thought
I agree with you. I am planning on keeping tasting notes for myself as I can see what other scotch I would like to keep on hand.
I have almost always loved scotch in the past. When I first started out in 1999 I had to teach myself to like scotch.

In the past I have always had a few bottles on hand. Cragganmore 12, a vintage or 2 of Glenrothes, Talisker 10, Oban 14, and Lagavulin when I wanted a really peaty dram.

I gave away all my Glencairn glasses to a friend when I quit smoking after I met my wife so I will be getting a set soon I hope, and I want to try as many single malts as I can to get an idea of what is offered out there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Single malt minatures? Where to buy? - by SJS - 08-31-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Single malt minatures? Where to buy? - by Ari - 08-31-2012, 05:58 PM
RE: Single malt minatures? Where to buy? - by Ari - 08-31-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: Single malt minatures? Where to buy? - by tarheel7734 - 09-15-2012, 03:37 PM