Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single malt minatures? Where to buy?
(09-01-2012, 10:57 AM)Parkster Wrote: Cough ..... cough.

OK, lets put the whole myth about malt to bed.

Words of wisdom from David Stewart - Malt Master for Balvenie - If he says its ok, then its ok. Simple as that.

Ice - take it with or without - there is no right or wrong way - ALL MALTS are made to be taken with or without water. For some of us, the ice lets you start with one drink and lets it develop in to another. Its B.S that the ice does any damage to the malt as has been said to me by a stuck up English toff who had no idea the difference between a low flyer (Famous Grouse) and a 21 yr old portwood. My wife likes malt with a dash of water and an ice cube, its too harsh for her without and she can actually taste the malt with her preferred additions

Water - Like I said above, all malts open up with a dash of water ...... it does not need to be Evian, a dash of water. Simple.

Glass type - crystal, nosing glass, tumbler - whatever you are comfortable with ...... remember, it was drank out of clay cups at one point.

How much in a glass - I've been told its vulgar to have more than a single finger shot ... bollox .... 2 fingers or your short changing me. Seriously though .... if you want 2, 3 or 4 fingers in your glass to save getting up and down to the bar, fine.

I have drank malt for most of my adult life ..... I say most because I'm not dead yet, and there is NO right or wrong way, there is NO right or wrong malt and there is NO WAY ON EARTH IT SHOULD BE MIXED WITH ANYTHING THAT HAS GAS OR FLAVOUR THROUGH IT ...... ALL YOU COKE MIXERS ARE GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL.

I drink Speyside and lowland malts with a single ice cube, sometimes neat and sometimes with a dash of water ..... I like a dash of water in my island malts to take the edge off and allow me to taste the whisky behind the peat.

I have a nosing glass that I like to drink from, I have a Balvenie tumbler and I have some stupidly over priced Waterford crystal (these look great but I hate how thin it feels against my mouth when I drink from them)

Drink malt as you like it ..... it was made for drinking after all.

As for miniatures ...... I have the opposite problem ..... I'll post a pick of the selection at my favourite whisky shop.

You wont believe your eyes.

Well said buddy. I whole heartedly agree

Messages In This Thread
RE: Single malt minatures? Where to buy? - by SJS - 08-31-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Single malt minatures? Where to buy? - by Ari - 08-31-2012, 05:58 PM
RE: Single malt minatures? Where to buy? - by Ari - 08-31-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: Single malt minatures? Where to buy? - by jitzy - 09-01-2012, 05:13 PM