Poll: April Cigar Poll
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
JFR Lunatic Torch Mad Folk 4 3/4"x70
0%
0 0%
Foundation El Gueguense "The Wise Man" Macho Raton 4 3/4"x60
0%
0 0%
Oliva Serie V Melanio 4"x60
25.00%
1 25.00%
Camacho Liberty Series 2021 LE 7"x48
75.00%
3 75.00%
Hoyo de Monterrey El Torcedor Selectos Regalo 7 1/4"x54
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you choose
So I had an idea and wanted to see how many people I could get involved in it. As of right now I have a list of 22 higher end cigars that I am interested in buying. I wanted your guises input on which one's I should get. I will put a poll up of 5 cigars each mouth for you guys to pick from. Which ever cigar wins out I will buy and do a review on. After I get though all the current samplers I have on hand. This way they will have at least 6 months of rest and my palate will have time to improve enough to properly enjoy them.

April Poll Winner:    
Thread Link: https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-...#pid511619

May Poll Winner:    
Thread Link: 

June Poll Winner:    
Thread Link: 

July Poll Winner:    
Thread Link: 

August Poll Winner:    
Thread Link: 

September Poll Winner:    
Thread Link: 

October Poll Winner:    
Thread Link: 

November Poll Winner:    
Thread Link: 

December Poll Winner:    
Thread Link:
That's a tough selection. I love the Oliva Serie V Melanio 4"x60 but I'm not sure if your gonna like the short one (might be to strong for you). So I went in a different direction.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Imo its between two cigars, the melanio and the wise man.i think id take the wise man, but may be too strong for you. Melanio is great medium imo
No Justice, No Peace!
(03-31-2023, 05:55 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: That's a tough selection. I love the Oliva Serie V Melanio 4"x60 but I'm not sure if your gonna like the short one (might be to strong for you). So I went in a different direction.

I like the "nub" size for alot of cigars. Is it really that much stronger then the corona or lancero size?
For me the choice was between the Oliva Serie V Melanio 4"x60 & the Camacho Liberty Series 2021 LE 7"x48

While I do like the Melanio, I've also liked the Camacho Liberty Series (don't think I've had the 2021 though).

Also, I prefer the smaller RG too...so I went with the Camacho.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I voted the Camacho based purely on ring gauge, not that I find it a particularly earth shattering blend. But I am the guy that thinks that anything larger than about a 52RG is comical at best.

If the samples were all with the normal RG range, I would have voted Foundation first by a long shot followed by Oliva.

(04-02-2023, 02:58 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: I voted the Camacho based purely on ring gauge, not that I find it a particularly earth shattering blend.  But I am the guy that thinks that anything larger than about a 52RG is comical at best.

If the samples were all with the normal RG range, I would have voted Foundation first by a long shot followed by Oliva.

Good to know, and I guess next time I do somthing like this. I need to leave the cigar size out and just do the names.
(04-02-2023, 03:14 PM)Mavric Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 02:58 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: I voted the Camacho based purely on ring gauge, not that I find it a particularly earth shattering blend.  But I am the guy that thinks that anything larger than about a 52RG is comical at best.

Good to know, and I guess next time I do somthing like this. I need to leave the cigar size out and just do the names.

I'd actually keep the sizes in.   The vitola can have a significant impact on the blend.    If for instance you smoked the 60RG Foundation cigar then smoked a Lancero in the same line, you would have two entirely different smoking experiences.    As you smoke more, you will start to prefer not only the blends that you like, but specific sizes of each blend.

And smoke all of the RGs - don't let my anti-60RG bias get you away from them if that is what you like.  I am just old school and never bought into the idea - when the first one came out that I saw, the Casa Blanca Jerobam many years ago, I couldn't wrap my head around the idea.   Then several years after that the whole Nub thing came around and I still just shook my head...  and now everybody is doing it.   But there are a lot of people who do like to unhinge their jaws for them, and they sell a s*it-ton of them so it is what it is lol.

[/quote]

I'd actually keep the sizes in.   The vitola can have a significant impact on the blend.    If for instance you smoked the 60RG Foundation cigar then smoked a Lancero in the same line, you would have two entirely different smoking experiences.    As you smoke more, you will start to prefer not only the blends that you like, but specific sizes of each blend.

And smoke all of the RGs - don't let my anti-60RG bias get you away from them if that is what you like.  I am just old school and never bought into the idea - when the first one came out that I saw, the Casa Blanca Jerobam many years ago, I couldn't wrap my head around the idea.   Then several years after that the whole Nub thing came around and I still just shook my head...  and now everybody is doing it.   But there are a lot of people who do like to unhinge their jaws for them, and they sell a s*it-ton of them so it is what it is lol.
[/quote]

I have tried most sizes but not them in the same blends. But overall I cant stand Churchill's and prefer petit corona, corona, nub and lancero sizes. Seams like opposite ends of the spectrum but it works for me. The biggest thing I have found is I like the strong flavor the large ring gauges put out. But at longer then a nub they get to strong or bold for me. The small ring gauge cigars are more light in flavor. But I love the way they evolve as you smoke them. Especially the lancero's
Actually, I like the favors that are produced from the Mumceros (Lanceros as some people call them). Big ring gauges are not really my thing.
Sure, I'll smoke a Nub but it would never be my go to stogie.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore