Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Pool 2023 Game Thread
(04-27-2023, 10:20 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Moving on up..

Got to start somewhere
(04-27-2023, 10:20 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Moving on up..

Still ahead of you, Old Man!
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
I'm hearing an unconfirmed report...
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
No more private dances
No Justice, No Peace!
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/05/24/singer-tina-turner-dies-illness/

Quote:Singer Tina Turner dies aged 83

The entertainer passed away at her home in Switzerland after a long illness

Singer Tina Turner, one of rock’s most famous voices who had hits including Proud Mary and The Best, has died at the age of 83 after a long illness, her publicist has said.

Turner had suffered ill health in recent years, being diagnosed with intestinal cancer in 2016 and having a kidney transplant in 2017.

"With her, the world loses a music legend and a role model," her representatives said in a statement. "There will be a private funeral ceremony attended by close friends and family. Please respect the privacy of her family at this difficult time."

In a career spanning over 60 years, the American-Swiss singer, who was born Anna Mae Bullock in Nutbush, Tennessee, won eight competitive Grammy Awards and has a star on both the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the St Louis Walk of Fame.

Her autobiography, I, Tina, was turned into the 1993 film What’s Love Got To Do With It, dramatising the mother-of-two’s famously turbulent relationship with Ike Turner and it also saw Angela Bassett nominated for an Oscar for her performance as Tina in the biopic.

Turner, widely referred to as the Queen of Rock and Roll, wed her long-time German beau, the music executive Erwin Bach, in a Swiss civil ceremony in 2013, and has lived in Switzerland with him since 1994.

It was the second marriage for the music star, who was previously married to musician Ike from 1962 to 1978.

In her 1986 book, the singer narrated a harrowing tale of abuse, including suffering a broken nose during the course of her marriage to Ike.

Ike died in December 2007 and Tina’s spokeswoman at the time was quoted as saying: “Tina is aware that Ike passed away earlier today. She has not had any contact with him in 35 years. No further comment will be made.”

RIP

She was on Jimmie the Mum's, Benfishin1's, Maytagman's, & my list.
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
For Jimmie the Mum's, Benfishin1's, Maytagman's and Tonto's pick of Tina Turner:

100 - 83 = 17 points

Bonus points:

25 extra points for the 1st woman

So 17 + 25 = 42 total points

(Guys, please check my scoring on this)

Current Score as of 5/24/2023
Benfishin1                  98
The Diamond Lion       60
Jimmie the Mum         46
MaytagMan                42
Tonto                        33
Mavric                       11
nayslayer                    0
Slowly moving up.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Iron shiek and pat Cooper, cant believe i didnt have either, bs
No Justice, No Peace!
Pat Robertson, I know Tonto has it
No Justice, No Peace!
(06-07-2023, 04:14 PM)nayslayer Wrote: Iron shiek and pat Cooper, cant believe i didnt have either, bs

I don't believe they were on anyone's list.  Please double check your list though.

I did follow the Iron Sheik on twitter though.