Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Alert
Do any of you have a elderly parent who uses the Life Alert system?

I'm thinking of getting one for my mother, who fell again today.  Luckily, I heard her banging on the wall, with her cane.  She's okay, just a little sore, but I'm worried if she falls & no one is home, or no one hears her.

I called Life Alert...all they will do is send a brochure to start. I'll have to wait for that.

Any of you have any info?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
It's the "Help, I've fallen & I can't get up" thing.   http://www.lifealert.com/
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I got one for my aunt and sent it back a month later. She wouldn't wear it, always left it on the counter...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(08-07-2016, 09:24 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: I got one for my aunt and sent it back a month later. She wouldn't wear it, always left it on the counter...

I think we might have that issue too, but we'll see.  I had gotten her a cell phone for emergencies, with all the numbers on speed dial...but she always leaves it in her bedroom.

Was it easy to set up, use, & give them the phone numbers to call?

How was the cost...reasonable?  (They don't mention cost on the web site).
It was a few years ago. My cousin paid the bill but it varied depending on the length of the contract etc.  I think starting at 25 a month and up..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
When I worked for radioshack we sold a generic version. I don't recall the name, but it was a one time purchase, no monthly fee. I'm sure they're still out there. You recorded a message and set it to dial some pre determined numbers, then it would play a message that you recorded. Most of them were returned because they either weren't used, i.e. what Jim said- they'd leave the pendant on the counter or the nightstand. Or they'd accidentally hit the button multiple times a day.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Thanks guys.  I ordered the brochure from them for more details. 

After I see what's involved, I'll talk to my mother about it.  If she won't where the pendant, then I'll have to think of some other option.