Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
Definitely better news, Jimmie. Be safe and I pray the condition is better than expected.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Good luck checking it out Jimmie, keep us posted
This is my boomstick!
(11-13-2012, 08:36 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Going to my beach house tomorrow. Hooray!!

I am thinking Positive Brother ......
Fast update:

I have two days left and probably won't get the clean up done by then. We are only allowed on the island from 10 to 3 and yesterday it took me 1.5 hours to get on the island so my time is limited.

I'll post pics when time permits.
Bottom line is, going up the extra cinder block saved the inside of my house (smart thinking for a change by The Mum).

I still have damage, all insulation under the house has to be removed (it's wet, heavy and has knocked down a few electrical wires), a few external plugs need to be replaced, the garage has to be gutted, the two air conditioners need replacement.
Some boat damaged and other stuff. I estimate about 15 grand or so.
My first priority is to get the insulation off the rafters by tomorrow.
The garage can wait, the mold will run up the walls but I don't have the time or any help to cut the sheetrock etc.

Most of the houses by me have inside water damaged and some people have no place at all.

So I consider myself and anyone else who's house is standing to be grateful. Things can be re built, fixed etc. I just wished that gave more time.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Very good news Jimmie.....The house down the road I spent my summers in had 4-5 feet of water. I'm glad you had the vision to make the foundation higher !!!!
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
Mum, I was happy to hear this news from you yesterday! Your compound is blessed my man. I bet the Great Pepper King was keeping a close eye on it. I know you are traveling alone at the time being, but please as mentioned before, let me know when you can take somebody. I would come right down and help you bang out the garage and such. Just let me know my man.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Better news than most were probably expecting. Awesome man
Git R Dun!
Glad to hear the compound is still standing Mum, also glad to hear you still have that concrete resolve.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
That is good new Jimmie!
--Mike
Great news Jimmie and great outlook on it...