Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you seen a good movie lately?
ok, for the first time, I saw Saw. Holy crap. That's it. That's my review. Holy Crap.
Just Got done watching "The Pursuit of Happiness", which, there is a continuation of the title, in very small print, reading"...and the misery of existence".

The criticism that I had heard of this movie previously was that is was just tragedy after tragedy, and how much does Will Smith think the audience can take.  this was pretty accurate criticism, but I think going into the movie knowing that made it a little more bearable. 

All in all, a good movie.  Anyone who has ever struggled to make it will relate to a lot going on in there. 

Will Smith is one of those people in this world that if he shits, it will somehow make money for him, this guy has done everything under the sun, and makes a living at it every time- I need to learn this skill.

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:ok, for the first time, I saw Saw. Holy crap. That's it. That's my review. Holy Crap.
I thought the original Saw was great.  Maybe not the best acting, but a good twisted story.  Saw II and III were kind of lame though.
[user=517]BaileyCAO[/user] wrote:
Quote:300 was awesome.

Finally got a chance to see this yesterday, and I have to agree. The acting may be a little too stylized, and the voice over narration a little too bombastic, but . . . you won't care.

Best battle scenes since The Matrix . . . or Saving Private Ryan.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
300 - awesome and stylish, a future classic.

Blood Diamond - Leo was excellent in his part, matured at last.

Smokin Aces - Fast, violent and recommended.

Apocolypto - Probably spelt wrong, but another great movie worth a viewing.

I had some time on my hands :?
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:I rented Crank a few weeks ago, and very much enjoyed that.  Nothing ike a movie based on the idea that the main character has to keep adrenaline pumping to stay alive, you just know you're in for a ride.

This was a good one... Just when you thought it couldn't get more over the top it went there....

Good beer and pizza movie.
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
Not A Nice Person Wrote:[user=517]BaileyCAO[/user] wrote:

Finally got a chance to see this yesterday, and I have to agree. The acting may be a little too stylized, and the voice over narration a little too bombastic, but . . . you won't care.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]

I got to see "300" in IMAX.....

Confusedhock:

To Quote Keanu Reeves... WHOA!!

It was almost a religious experience.
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
Odsman Wrote:

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]

Confusedhock:

i have my eye on the local imax for this reason...

I finally got to see roadhogs last night. Leave your brain at the door and enjoy! Lots of good old fashioned belly laughs. Great flick!
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
Odsman Wrote:

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]

Confusedhock:

i have my eye on the local imax for this reason...

I finally got to see roadhogs last night. Leave your brain at the door and enjoy! Lots of good old fashioned belly laughs. Great flick!

Mid-life crisis on Harley Davidsons .... its so close to the truth it hurts. A great rainy day movie for the belly laughs.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
fishhound Wrote:I saw Boondock saints last night. It was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Movie rings true.  Great flick.  Have this hanging up in my office...

[Image: bds.jpg]

Got it about five years ago.

Blood Diamonds was well done.  Not over the top Hollywood.

Babel was good in it's own right.

The Departed - bout damn time they made an R rated cop movie worth a damn. 

Too many production companies dumb down movies to get the money making PG-13 rating and sacrifice adult content/lanugage, etc.

Want to see The Good Shepherd now.

somegeek