StogieChat Cigar Forum
Absolutely horrible - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics & Issues (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Nothing About Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Absolutely horrible (/thread-16350.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Maduro_Scotty - 07-09-2006

Spent a great weekend in my old college home town visiting family and seeing friends.  Unfortunately, not everything was good.Sad  Before we headed home today, we stopped at a public park and recreation area that features a giant lake and a walk around area that's about two-hundred yards in length.  Around most of the walk area is a canal that features thick vegetation and a steep fall.  I was driving us out of the lake area and we couldn't believe our eyes at what we saw next.  About four cars ahead of us drove slowly past a little boy with a life vest on.  He was a toddler, perhaps 2 years old at the most.  We looked around and yelled at a family if they knew who the boy was.  They shrugged their shoulders and said no(the boy and the family were Hispanic, some communication problems were had)  The wife got out and took him away from the road, where by this time, he wandered into the middle of it.  My wife then proceeded to walk around the lake area to try and find the parents.  She walked about half way around the lake area when the mother, sitting down, expresses shock and disbelief at her little boy having wandered off.  She muttered something about looking for him, which didn't mesh with her physical action of having her fat @$$ on the beach where we saw her. :roll:  Having driven around the lake looking for people who could be the parents, there was no activity that would have showed a parent was concerend that their child was lost. 

If you guys find yourself in a similar situation, do take the initiative and take action.  I'm glad we did, though I honestly worry about this child in coming years.  The sad thing?  The state basically has it's hands tied until something actually happens to the kid(i.e.-he fell into the water, is struck by a car, etc.)  Do look out for your kids, and for others when they aren't doing their job.:X  Sorry for the vent, I just  can't believe people and their lack of skills in parenting.

- Admin - 07-09-2006

Very true....   its then those same parents that later say video games and TV shows turned their kid into a killer.    When its really the parents that didn't spend any time bringing their kids up right, and to know right from wrong.    When you don't pay attention to your kids....

Good to hear that you were in the right place at the right time for the little one!  Smile

- MikeD - 07-09-2006

I see pople like this who dont seem to care about their kids all the time.  So when I'm not working, if I see someone who dosen't seem to care, why should I care either?  Sometimes people deserve to get a hard lesson to finally realize they are stupid.

- discdog - 07-10-2006

Mike I would agree if we were talking about the parents but not the kids. I have a real issue about bad parenting and tend to be very vocal about it when seeing a child endangered.

The problem with that is normally (in my experience) the idiot parents are also the same class that would sue if something was to happen.

Do you guys have the same problem where you live that we do here in the south. A kid turns 15, goes & gets their drivers licsence and is given a sports car /SUV the same day. Two days later you here about them on the news about how the stunned parents reacted when they recieved the news that their little darling is in the morgue. They are always so surprised.

Sitting in a restaraunt last week & had a 6 year old chasing his 4 year old brother through the dining area. The little guy basically dove under our table & was surprised when I reached down & scooped him up (I'm a big guys & am told I tend to intimdate people that don't know me). But the parents were completely stunned when I hand delivered JR. back to there table. And had the audacity to tell them that they needed to keep their kids under control. They complained to the manager who is a good friend of mine & he told them that their one complaint about me was trumped by the seven complaints about them. They left saying they would not return - several customers applauded their decision as they left.

OK, off the soap box.

- MikeD - 07-10-2006

I hate to see kids get hurt as well, but you know, as well as I, that you can't try to help everyone of them out there that needs it.  I know some people are totally unfit to be parents, and unfortuantely for us that they don't need a license to be a parent.  And every parent thinks their kid is an angel as well.

[user=25]discdog[/user] wrote:
Quote:Do you guys have the same problem where you live that we do here in the south. A kid turns 15, goes & gets their drivers licsence and is given a sports car /SUV the same day. Two days later you here about them on the news about how the stunned parents reacted when they recieved the news that their little darling is in the morgue. They are always so surprised.
This problem is everywhere

- discdog - 07-10-2006

MikeD Wrote:I hate to see kids get hurt as well, but you know, as well as I, that you can't try to help everyone of them out there that needs it.  I know some people are totally unfit to be parents, and unfortuantely for us that they don't need a license to be a parent.  And every parent thinks their kid is an angel as well.

[user=25]discdog[/user] wrote:
Quote:Do you guys have the same problem where you live that we do here in the south. A kid turns 15, goes & gets their drivers licsence and is given a sports car /SUV the same day. Two days later you here about them on the news about how the stunned parents reacted when they recieved the news that their little darling is in the morgue. They are always so surprised.
This problem is everywhere

We don't even want to start on the " little angel" part. It's unbelievable how far some parents heads are stuck up their a$$es!

I figured it was everywhere. GA just passed some new laws this year to try to curb the death toll, the day after the laws went into effect 4 kids in 2 separate accidents died. And the parents of one actually said the state needed to do something!

- Nightshade - 07-10-2006

Here in CA that would have been child neglict an cause for the child being taken away from the parents or at least have CPS (child protection services) come out and look into the home life of the child. Normaly that scares the holy bageebers out of the parents.  Since I and IC work as Substatues for the School District we have to turn in stuff like that. I have done it several times and it does help.

- Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo - 07-10-2006

I will take action and have... & it has gotten me in trouble as a parent comes running yelling about this stranger talking to their little kid... But I don't care, I will continue to do this as for every once in a while I do infact rejoin a kid with his braindead mother trying to decide if she should buy the pink or green sweater... My worse case I had to turn a little girl over to a police officer... but never anything like you posted here...

- -PO- - 07-10-2006

Unfortunately MS this happens all the time and even if something bad happens to there child it still would not affect them.  I used to see this crap all the time when we responded to 911 calls for missing kids or hurt kids.

- Frogman - 07-10-2006

It's unfortunate, but the these kids grow-up and parent the same way. But on the plus side there's entire TV shows dedicated to their lives like COPS. Where would we be without a shallow end of the gene pool.Wink