StogieChat Cigar Forum
What happened to the $6 cigar - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Cigar Discussion (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What happened to the $6 cigar (/thread-16130.html)

Pages: 1 2

- lumbergh - 08-19-2006

for me at least...This is my last weeks purchase and is pretty consistent with my buying habits the last year or so. I either buy cigars less than $3 or more than $10. It's not intentional but I guess I figure there are a lot of cigars I like that are less than $3 dollars and if I am spending more I tend to gravitate toward something that I think will be really good like the Opus X, ESG and Padilla Miami's. My whole humidor is beginning to look like this, but I just took notice of my buying habits.

Anyy one else like this?

[Image: img0255ab1.jpg]

BTW I don't know if they are any good but the S.T. Duponts have better packaging than anything I've seen. They were only $2 a stick so I bit on a box when I ordered the Connies.

- -PO- - 08-19-2006

Confusedhock: Damn Lumbergh, nice score.  I habbits are well let see, when I have the money I usually by the over $10 boxes and when funds are short I hit the Famous Nic 3000, 2000 and whatever else looks interesting.

- Poriggity - 08-19-2006

My funds always seem to go to something else, so I've learned to really enjoy the cheaper sticks.  I just bought a box of the La Vieja Habana's from Drew Estate for $17.95, and Ive got a bid on two boxes of Don Elias robustos at $13/box.  I find that I really just enjoy smoking, and while nothing compares to an Uber-premium in taste, some of the cheaper stuff is still very good.
Scott   

EDIT:  Lumbergh, please post a review on that ST dupont when you smoke one.. the price at CI for the coronas is enticing.. $50 for a box.. damn.
Scott  

- Cigar Penguin - 08-19-2006

I hear good things on the SD Duponts and read good things in the last issues of cigar magazine and another cigar rag(forgot which one) and have been curious myself.

You have a great selection of gars there and your taste is up there with mine.Though,I'd probably gotten more padilla's than ESG due to the priceing.

I also hear Padilla has some good things comeing too us in the near future.

Nice score,thank you for shareing.Smile

- Bungalowbill - 08-19-2006

mid-priced sticks? lfd's. big time.

- Beerlord - 08-19-2006

I buy very few boxes, very few, and teh ones i do buy are weither Cuban for a split or under $75.

- discdog - 08-20-2006

The B&M's call the $6.00-& $10.00 range the "dead zone", for some reason cigars if this price range don't move well. I think there are so many choices in that range that they don't see a brand or specific cigar in a line flying off the shelves so they say it does't move. Since I started hanging out there so much, I notice a lot of guys picking up one or two, but no one ever seems to pick the same ones. Out of 975 facings, over 500 are in this price range and then about 250 under and the rest over the $10.00 mark.

It's kinda funny, when I first started I wouldn't buy a stick that was over $2.00, now I rarely look at anything under $12.00.

- dcherif - 08-20-2006

Poriggity Wrote:My funds always seem to go to something else, so I've learned to really enjoy the cheaper sticks.  I just bought a box of the La Vieja Habana's from Drew Estate for $17.95, and Ive got a bid on two boxes of Don Elias robustos at $13/box.  I find that I really just enjoy smoking, and while nothing compares to an Uber-premium in taste, some of the cheaper stuff is still very good.
Scott   

EDIT:  Lumbergh, please post a review on that ST dupont when you smoke one.. the price at CI for the coronas is enticing.. $50 for a box.. damn.
Scott  

I ordered two of those boxes as well.. and this is also the basic same boat I am in.

- Poriggity - 08-20-2006

So, which ones did you buy Dcherif?  Don Elias, or the LVH?
Scott  

- Rob The Long Island Cowboy - 08-20-2006

dcherif Wrote:[user=78]Poriggity[/user] wrote:
Quote:My funds always seem to go to something else, so I've learned to really enjoy the cheaper sticks.  I just bought a box of the La Vieja Habana's from Drew Estate for $17.95, and Ive got a bid on two boxes of Don Elias robustos at $13/box.  I find that I really just enjoy smoking, and while nothing compares to an Uber-premium in taste, some of the cheaper stuff is still very good.
Scott   

Scott  

I ordered two of those boxes as well.. and this is also the basic same boat I am in.

Ordered those lvh too.  $16 a box is too good to pass up.