StogieChat Cigar Forum
something to dull the pain - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics & Issues (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Nothing About Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: something to dull the pain (/thread-13562.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Irishcelt - 04-23-2007

I found something that dulls alot of the pain....... 1 percocet  10/325, 1 vicodin 10/660 and a large rum and cokeTongue.
It does not get rid of the pain but then later I do not careBig Grin

- Tonto - 04-23-2007

I usually go with (1) Hydrocodone 7.5/70 or sometimes (2) 5.0/500. Just to take the edge off.

- Irishcelt - 04-23-2007

I can take 2 vicodin 10/660 and they do nothing.
2 percocet 10/325 take the edge off and make me a bit loopy

But 1 of each and alchohol and whoopiiBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I recently had a Dr. say that 1 percocet should knock me out, he does not understand how I can take 2 and still be awake.

- Tonto - 04-23-2007

Irishcelt Wrote:I can take 2 vicodin 10/660 and they do nothing.
2 percocet 10/325 take the edge off and make me a bit loopy

But 1 of each and alchohol and whoopiiBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I recently had a Dr. say that on1 percocet should knock me out, he does not understand how I can take 2 and still be awake.
Pain....great pain. If they never had it, its hard for them to relate. About 5 or 6 years ago, while in the ER with another kidney stone attack, they gave me enough Morphine to put down an elephant. I got up off the bed, walked down the hall & into a bathroom. They all could not understand it. The Morphine had no affect. After that, they just give me Dilaudin (sp?). Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

- Tonto - 04-23-2007

BTW...glad to see you back posting!  How's Nightshade doing?

- Irishcelt - 04-23-2007

she is doing well...her shoulder has gotten alot better.

- somegeek - 04-24-2007

You must have a good doctor friend. Big Grin

I keep some codeine on hand for those sore days after running or biking.  Over the counter from Canada.  8mg per pill.  Nothing that'll knock you out but it takes the edge off.

- Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo - 04-24-2007

my personal favorite was a morphine drip with a percocet chaser...

Oh man...

however, not to change the subject, IC I am so sorry that you need all these drugs just to get through the day...

I saw something on the discover channel the other day where they implanted this device into a guys stomach and every day it woudl release some neuro-toxin derived form a jelly fish and poof, he was 100% pain free. The doctor would insert a hypo about once per month into the machine to fill it up.

Before this machine, he sounded a lot like you and was 100% debilitated.

- somegeek - 04-24-2007

Oh damn - Irishcelt - you have some kinda chronic pain?

- Rob The Long Island Cowboy - 04-24-2007

sorry for the pain you're going through bro and for the hell the state of california is dragging you through.