Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Herfed with the Great Doc Stogie Fresh
While listening to Doc (David) Diaz - Doc Stogie Fresh podcast a few weeks ago, http://www.stogiefresh.info/
he mentioned he was going to be in NY with his wife and daughter visiting his older daughter.
So I sent him an email to see if we could get together. He was free 11/19 so we made tentative arrangements to hook up. Skipper was gonna join us but the hurricane messed up everyone's schedule.
Bottom line, I hooked up with him.
We met at Martinez cigar shop on West 29th. St and from there I took him on his first subway ride to the financial district. We went to see the all famous Kuma.

Kuma, as usual took great care of us. A few pics of the food:
We started off with the famous Bloody Mary and a few appetizers.
[Image: 2012-11-19_13-19-29_568_zpsa48aaee5.jpg]
Beef Negimaki, Spicy Shrimp and a Ty Pork Chop.

[Image: 2012-11-19_13-19-22_21_zps100442d4.jpg]

It was funny, cause after the appetizers, Doc thought that was it, after all the appetizers were enough to feed 4 people. LOL

But then, The Great Kuma, served us the main course:
[Image: 2012-11-19_13-19-12_754_zps48edcdf4.jpg]

After a few beers, we rolled out of there and headed down to Barclay Rex. I was shocked to find out that they sustained water damaged.

Here's Doc, relaxing at the lounge:
[Image: 2012-11-19_15-22-34_897_zpsef748ea4.jpg]

And he he is talking to someone about cameras:
[Image: 2012-11-19_15-11-29_700_zpsd12c1408.jpg]

A great time indeed. Having a one on one conversation with Doc is an experience. Needless to say we had a few discussions about stogies.

Doc took a bunch of pics so hopefully he will get a chance to post a few or send them to me.

This is the Email I received from Doc while he was in flight:
Hey Jim,

We made it to airport in plenty of time today. We are currently in flight, they have wireless Internet so I am corresponding to my emails.

I once again wanted to thank you for showing me around New York. Thanks too for the excellent lunch, cigars, subway lessons and cigar shops tours. I had a great time.

Hopefully I'll see you again soon. Say hi to all the Stogie Chatters for me.

Doc
--
David "Doc" Diaz
Sent from my iPad=
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Sounds great. Sounds like great guy
No Justice, No Peace!
That's awesome Jimmie!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Two legends herfing. Thanks for sharing Mum, great stuff!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
All Jimmie the mums herf are a great time
Looks like a blast Jimmie!!!!
This is my boomstick!
Awesome mum!!
(11-21-2012, 05:50 AM)jam Wrote: All Jimmie the mums herf are a great time

You hit the nail on the head there.

2 giants of the stogie family meeting up ..... and lunch at the legendary Kuma's no less ...... sometimes I hate living so far away.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(11-21-2012, 08:33 AM)Parkster Wrote: ..... and lunch at the legendary Kuma's no less ...... sometimes I hate living so far away.

Cool

Dave, Kuma was asking about you.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(11-21-2012, 09:00 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(11-21-2012, 08:33 AM)Parkster Wrote: ..... and lunch at the legendary Kuma's no less ...... sometimes I hate living so far away.

Cool

Dave, Kuma was asking about you.

He is a gentleman ....... I hope you told him 2013 is on the cards.

Big Grin
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why