Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
It hasn't gotten too bad in Northern Virginia yet (just outside DC), just a lot of rain and fairly high winds... they have it way worse up north from what I hear. Prayers going out to everyone up there and around here.
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
Yeah, supposed to get worse tonight here in VA. Stay safe everyone!!!
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
I just got a return text from Skipper. His house has some serious damage and his boat is "on the brink". Everyone keep him in your thoughts.
(10-29-2012, 07:22 PM)ashman Wrote: I just got a return text from Skipper. His house has some serious damage and his boat is "on the brink". Everyone keep him in your thoughts.

Thoughts are with him.
--Mike
Ugh. That'll make your heart sink.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
I've lost power, prob for a while. Water hasn't been a concern. I guess I'm lucky. Thoughts are with skipper,tonto and jimmie
No Justice, No Peace!
(10-29-2012, 08:34 PM)nayslayer Wrote: I've lost power, prob for a while. Water hasn't been a concern. I guess I'm lucky. Thoughts are with skipper,tonto and jimmie

+1 on all counts
My thoughts with you all east coasters tonight. So sad to hear of everything that's going on. Hang in there everyone.
Where I am, the wind has been insane. The rain is virtually non-existent. But the wind is very dangerous with all the trees involved.

I prepared this time. I have the generator on stand by. I had electricians here this morning for a few hours setting up a transfer kit for my breakers and such so I can power items directly from my panel. I bought a new pump as well for the driveway drain. At least 20+ gallons of gas too. This damn storm cost me about a grand for sure so far, but it's better to be safe and now I set for the future. Fortunately, I still have my power.

Now concerning Skip, I've been in contact with him all night. He said he lost his first floor!! Extreme water damage. He lost his aristocrats too since then couldn't be saved. He said his car is under water too. His neighbors boat already floated away and he's afraid his is next since its barely hanging on. The dock I believe is gone too. He needs help and I wish there is something we can do.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Oh no
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”