Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk to me about other spirits.
So as a lover of fine scotch I have decided to get into other spirits as well. I am not looking for mixers, but something to enjoy neat. I enjoy Hendricks gin the most out of them I have tried, so I have gin sorted. What about rum. What do I look for in Run? I am thinking a dark aged rum is where I need to look, but what about spiced rum? Tequila. I do like Jose black but open to other suggestions. I will not be shooting it but sipping. What about Irish Whiskey? Bourbon tastes too much like corn and I dont care for any I have tried. What other spirits should I look into?
I enjoy

Rum:
Ron Zacappa 23, Zaya 12, Mt Gay Extra, and Pampero Anniversary

Tequila:
Don Julio Anejo & Cabo Wabo Anejo

As for Bourbons, what have you tried? I just got into them last year or so and I really enjoy them as a change of pace from scotch. Some of my favs are Blantons, Bookers, Knob Creek & Woodford Reserve.

Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(09-01-2012, 02:43 PM)Mark Wrote: I enjoy

Rum:
Ron Zacappa 23, Zaya 12, Mt Gay Extra, and Pampero Anniversary

Tequila:
Don Julio Anejo & Cabo Wabo Anejo

As for Bourbons, what have you tried? I just got into them last year or so and I really enjoy them as a change of pace from scotch. Some of my favs are Blantons, Bookers, Knob Creek & Woodford Reserve.
I have tried several Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Wild Turkey and makers mark. All had a strong corn taste to me.
I drink most of those, but only as mixers. I would give Bourbon another shot. I know that you can get nips of Bookers and Knob Creek.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Nothing wrong with Buffalo Trace
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
When I am not drinking beer I like Rum... Mark mentioned the good ones above. The only one I would add to the list is Havana Club. I know it does not get a lot of love but I like it.

Bourbon Scotch and Whiskey are Ok and I will drink them but really have to be in the mood. Generally if I am going in that direction I am a Rye fan.

Vodka (Belvidere) and Gin (Bombay Sapphire) are also good, I go through phases of drinking both with tonic.

Tequila and I do not get along at all.
--Mike
(09-02-2012, 10:31 AM)wtfdic Wrote: Tequila and I do not get along at all.

Pu$$y! Tongue
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Gin - Bombay Sapphire
Bourbon - Bookers or Bakers are very good. Basil Hayden is very good too. Buffalo Trace and Jack too.....I LOVE Bourbon!!!!
Scotch - Johnny Blue is excellent
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
(09-02-2012, 04:53 PM)SJS Wrote: Gin - Bombay Sapphire
Bourbon - Bookers or Bakers are very good. Basil Hayden is very good too. Buffalo Trace and Jack too.....I LOVE Bourbon!!!!

Yeah Jonny blue is good. And wicked expensive. Lol
(09-02-2012, 07:21 PM)NickDrista Wrote:
(09-02-2012, 04:53 PM)SJS Wrote: Gin - Bombay Sapphire

Yeah Jonny blue is good. And wicked expensive. Lol

LOL...correct...I have been gifted several bottles or I wouldn't know how good it is !!!!!
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright