Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Feds are on Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and Twitter
I've been paranoid and have said this for years. Watch what you post in an open forum.

The rest of the story. LOL
http://tinyurl.com/yjzkv6c

U.S. law enforcement agents are following the rest of the Internet world into popular social-networking services, going undercover with false online profiles to communicate with suspects and gather private information, according to an internal Justice Department document that offers a tantalizing glimpse of issues related to privacy and crime-fighting.

Think you know who's behind that "friend" request? Think again. Your new "friend" just might be the FBI.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

yeppers... and thank god. Maybe it's through this effort we have not had any terrorist bombs go off on US soil since 2001.

Oh T, you may in fact be paranoid, but now you can feel justified too! Wink

(BTW, I loved that movie The Conspiracy Theory )
That's why this is the only social network I belong to!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
This is just one of the many reasons I avoid myspace, twitter, and facebook (and I don't think I even know what "LinkedIn" is) Smile
This is my boomstick!
Duh... Smile
(03-16-2010, 02:30 PM)EvilAsh Wrote: This is just one of the many reasons I avoid myspace, twitter, and facebook (and I don't think I even know what "LinkedIn" is) Smile

Just because the Feds are looking for terrorists on those sites wont scare me off. I'm not what they are looking for. I'm a patriotic tax-paying American in good standing!
(03-16-2010, 03:12 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
(03-16-2010, 02:30 PM)EvilAsh Wrote: This is just one of the many reasons I avoid myspace, twitter, and facebook (and I don't think I even know what "LinkedIn" is) Smile

Just because the Feds are looking for terrorists on those sites wont scare me off. I'm not what they are looking for. I'm a patriotic tax-paying American in good standing!

Except for those Internet purchases. LOL

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

So if we see a new member with the name, IneedCubans we should watch out? Wink
Got all the Cubans you need down here in Miami...Unfortunately, you can't smoke 'em!!! But...I could send you a couple of cousins, aunts, uncles, neighbors, etc.
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
(03-16-2010, 07:13 PM)Admin Wrote: So if we see a new member with the name, IneedCubans we should watch out? Wink

You joke but you can be 100% certain that this site generates a ton of attention & I'm sure this site is checked regularly. The Feds have people who's job it is to do nothing than to pour over internet sites and find suspect information. The "bombing" section has all the keywords.