StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Padron Serie 1926 have ruined me...>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since buying a couple of boxes of the 1926's this winter, 2 things have happened. First, nothing I smoke tastes as good. Secondly, my smoking has increased significantly!

The problem is that my local B&M sells out of the 26's & 64's so quickly so when my box runs out, I'm outta luck.

What else is out there that will give me a similar full flavored smoke that's not overpowering? I really enjoy the natural 1926's because they have so much flavor but are very smooth and still allow me to walk upright after smoking a couple Smile.

Any recommendations for me?

US_Tank

patrickb Wrote:Since buying a couple of boxes of the 1926's this winter, 2 things have happened. First, nothing I smoke tastes as good. Secondly, my smoking has increased significantly!

The problem is that my local B&M sells out of the 26's & 64's so quickly so when my box runs out, I'm outta luck.

What else is out there that will give me a similar full flavored smoke that's not overpowering? I really enjoy the natural 1926's because they have so much flavor but are very smooth and still allow me to walk upright after smoking a couple Smile.

Buy more!    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Many online sources have some.  Try Eric the admin here for Stogie Chat at TBS. 
US_Tank Wrote:
patrickb Wrote:Since buying a couple of boxes of the 1926's this winter, 2 things have happened. First, nothing I smoke tastes as good. Secondly, my smoking has increased significantly!

Buy more!    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Many online sources have some.  Try Eric the admin here for Stogie Chat at TBS. 

I hear ya...that's probably the best solution! They aren't exactly hard to find but I do like to support my local B&M and would also like to find something with a similar flavor profile...that's not quite as spendy Smile  I've been burning thru several different oliva products in between the 26's. The master blends are also quite nice and have been MY favorite so far in the line.
Find a better shop, my shop always has a veriety of sizes in the 26' and 64' in stock for singles and always another 20-30 boxes in the walk in.
There is really nothing. Thats why I only smoke the 26th for a special occasion. In fact smoking a 26th makes a special occasion.Big Grin

The 64s can be bought at a fair price.

There are other cigars in the Padron line that are good.

Padron 5000, 6000, executive, & Churchill are good smokes that have some similar flavor as the mighty ann.'s

Litto Gomez is very good might be a bit stronger but very smooth.

Coronado is a good smoke.

On the very low priced side Onyx Reserve & Saint Luis Rey Reserva. These are really great full bodied cigars that are priced very right.

I really think the Padron 26th is the best cigar on the market Cuban or non.

i'm also hopelessly enslaved by the padron family. they've got me by the short hairs...

though a little heavier on the earth flavor, the san cristobal line is very nice, especially if you let them sit a few months. anything by pepin is usually excellent (a nice value is his red label house brand: medium bodied, great construction, good price). and for a stronger jolt, the tatuaje noellas are incredible these days.

nicaragua rocks. Big Grin

US_Tank

Bungalowbill Wrote:i'm also hopelessly enslaved by the Padron family. they've got me by the short hairs...

though a little heavier on the earth flavor, the san cristobal line is very nice, especially if you let them sit a few months. anything by pepin is usually excellent (a nice value is his red label house brand: medium bodied, great construction, good price). and for a stronger jolt, the Tatuaje noellas are incredible these days.

nicaragua rocks. Big Grin

Yep.
IMO the trick is to find a few good everday smokes and save the kool-aid for the weekends.[rob]
Bluesman455 Wrote:IMO the trick is to find a few good everday smokes and save the kool-aid for the weekends.[rob]
Wise words from the Don.
Bluesman455 Wrote:IMO the trick is to find a few good everday smokes and save the kool-aid for the weekends.[rob]

Winner!  I do almost the same thing, but a little differently.  I smoke cheapos during the week, and don't smoke on the weekends.  I save the high $$ smokes that I have for herfs, or get togethers with other BOTL's.
Scott     
Pages: 1 2 3