StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: never trust anyone with your stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is why i never let people barrow my stuff. Couple of guys at work said hey can i barrow you camera. I get  home tonight  and fire up a master blend #3 and wanted to take some pictures and share and wouldn't you know its broke. It turns on but my screen is black ... pissed offf
My brother-in-law borrowed my camcorder once....it came back with a broken power switch. You couldn't switch it from play to record.
and worst part now one is fessing up to it  or offering to replace it   total bull

Only good thing is i am sitting on my couch witha master blend in my mouth..
chris1980 Wrote:and worst part now one is fessing up to it  or offering to replace it   total bull

Real men would have chipped in on a new replacement before giving it back.Ask to borrow something from them,then take it home and put it under the tire of your car,then bring it in and say sorry it must have slid off the trunk,I guess we'll just call it even.[devil]
It was my boss kind of like my job, but yes a real man would chip in and offer to replace it
Bluesman455 Wrote:
chris1980 Wrote:and worst part now one is fessing up to it  or offering to replace it   total bull

Real men would have chipped in on a new replacement before giving it back.Ask to borrow something from them,then take it home and put it under the tire of your car,then bring it in and say sorry it must have slid off the trunk,I guess we'll just call it even.[devil]
That's a good one Don.
Bluesman455 Wrote:

well put.

On my boat once we were trolling wire line for striped bass. We hooked into a monster. Maybe the biggest one I ever had on the troll. But, someone tightened the drag on my reel and POP fish gone. But... the rod was spooled with wire line and the lure was quite expensive.

As I began to reel in the other line a fish hit and POP! the same guy played with that one too.

Total cost for the line, lures, labor and other misc items, $240. No one fessed up.

I would not expect anyone to actually fess up, but man, help me out here. They could have chipped in $50 each leaving me with the last $150. I would have really appreciated that.

I dont take those guys trolling any more.
That's pretty lowlife.

A BOTL would never do that.
Keep the camera at work.  When someone asks to borrow it - hand it right over...  They will get the picture (well, actually not, but you know what I mean...Tongue)
Pages: 1 2 3