StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Illusione ~f9~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Illusione ~f9~

6-1/4 x 44

Wrapper: NIC

Binder: NIC

Filler: NIC

11 April 2009

Pre-Light:

The wrapper is a nice dark-leather color – smooth with a slight bit of tooth.  There are no veins or visible defects. The aroma has a deep earthy aroma with a wet cedar component.  The pre-light draw has cedar, spice, and pistachio.

[Image: illusionef9-pre.jpg] 

1/3:

There is a good earthy and spicy flavor right away, with a very generous smoke volume.  The ash is white and firm.  Though the flavors are rich and full, the body of the cigar is in the medium range – it is an excellent combination at this point, with some excellent complexity that I usually don’t find until at least the second third of a cigar.

[Image: illusionef9-1.jpg]

2/3:

The earth flavors continue and intensify a little bit, with the spiciness moving to the back of my palate.  There are some cedary flavors now as well.  Through all of these flavors, there is an overall smoothness – there is no harsh edge at all.

[Image: illusionef9-2.jpg]

3/3:

The flavors continue and intensify, with the body increasing a little bit.  The spiciness continues, and I am starting to get a little tingle on my tongue and lips.

[Image: illusionef9-3.jpg]

Overall:

I really enjoyed this cigar – I’m glad I have a box to smoke through!  Very enjoyable flavor combinations with a great complexity.  Excellent!
Great review!  I agree, the F9 is one of my favorite sizes
In fact, after a short night's sleep I just chose this as my first cigar of the day.  It's awesome!
Very nice review Bill....I really enjoy this line as well! Just grabbed the 88's!
Maduro PiPs Wrote:Very nice review Bill....I really enjoy this line as well! Just grabbed the 88's!
I am really liking these as well... and the 88's.... well....  a box fell off the truck and into my cab as well...   Cool
Robbie Wrote:In fact, after a short night's sleep I just chose this as my first cigar of the day.  It's awesome!
Hmmm....   I bet it is great with some coffee!   Thanks for the idea!   Smile
I love the 88s.  I like the 68s too.  I will be looking into the other vitolas. 

I just hope this line continues to impress me and that they remain consistent.  I can think of another cigar line that I used to be so impressed with that I have been having some bad luck with lately, and I hope that doesn't happen with Illusione.
I just got a few smaplers of these to try. I have smoked the 88 and the 888 churchill and both really impressed me. I think I will smoke something out of my sampler tonight.
Illusione's and San Cristobal's are my 2 "go-to" cigars at the lounge.  I could smoke Illusione's every day and not get bored...
Great cigar for the money
Pages: 1 2