StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Sad day for a Marine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A friend of mine that joined the Marines with me(I was released from my contract after shattering my platella while skateboarding 9 days after I became a poolie) left for Iraq back in February and left his cigars and humidor in my care. I'm in the process of moving into my first house and while I was moving some of my stuff, including his humidor, I stopped at a store my company was opening and during the time I was inside the building someone stole my buddys 300 ct humi which had a box of AVO #2's  a couple of A. Fuente Opus X Perfexion #5 (I think thats what they were) and a TON of Padron 3000 and 4000's(about a hundred altogether). He was a total padron whore! They also got my laptop, my two seiko watches and my comic collection, but im not worried about that stuff. My car insurance is refusing to cover it because the liftgate on my jeep doesnt always lock, and all my cc's are on hold until June while I finish moving in and fixing my house. I've already replaced all of the Montecristo and Partagas out of my stash and I threw in my KFC Kinkykristo's as an apology. My Girlfriend is going to let me use her cc but it only has 150 left available. Please let me know the cheapest place for me to replace these smokes asap; I dont want a marine to come back to an empty humidor that he risked his life to fill.
Your car insurance will cover the cost of the cigars and huni. It shound be covered in comp where there should be a zero deduct or real low. Time to make the call. I doesn't go on your record either. Good luck man. T  Pm me if I can help you.
The person I talked to said that it wasnt covered because of previous problems I've had with my liftgate lock, but I will ask to speak with the actual agent this morning. Thanks for all your help you guys. Also where can I find the Opus?
El_Chupacabre Wrote:The person I talked to said that it wasnt covered because of previous problems I've had with my liftgate lock, but I will ask to speak with the actual agent this morning. Thanks for all your help you guys. Also where can I find the Opus?
that's bull. you paid your premiums you are insured. Now get your money and go buy the smokes. As for where, you will need to find a local shop. Online retailers generally dont offer opus except at well inflated prices.

US_Tank

Yes if you are paying premiums then your insurance should cover it.  Did you get a police report?

If your former unit is over in Iraq they should still be there for a while.  What unit were you a part of and where are they based?

Also if you are serious about your girlfriend you might want to get on her about her credit if you plan to make a life with her.   It should be no problem and a phone call away to extend any line a few hundred bucks if needed.
I've been raising hell all morning on the phone with my agent and and all the other idiots hes been telling me to call, and I finally got them to agree to pay for anything I can prove was in my jeep when it was broken into which is all of my stuff and about half of the cigars and the humidor. The AVO's and Opus were gifted meaning no itemized reciept, (oddly enough he scanned his itemized reciepts into his computer which I have) and  they're not in the most recent picture i took of his humidor. The local B&M that we both frequented was kind enough to donate a box of Padron 3000's to him when he gets back.

Quote:If your former unit is over in Iraq they should still be there for a while. What unit were you a part of and where are they based?
I never got to ship to boot, I shattered my platella while I was still a poolie. He is in the 7th marine regiment 1st marine division 3rd battalion 4th marines. Last time I spoke to him he said they were being told they were coming home in June. Im not sure where hes at now but he was in Ramadi.

Quote:Also if you are serious about your girlfriend you might want to get on her about her credit if you plan to make a life with her. It should be no problem and a phone call away to extend any line a few hundred bucks if needed.

Shes only 19 and doesnt make near as much money as I do so her credit line is onlike 300 bucks and I already called and they will only raise it by 60 dollars because she missed a payment a few months back.

I also wanted to apologize if I sounded like a mooch, I'm not expecting any kind of donation I just wanted to vent and you guys seem to be a very knowledgeable group of individuals about what I should do in a situation like this.

Yalls advice on both cigars and life hasnt failed me yet; and for that I thank you.

I will keep all you guys and gals posted on the situation!

Sorry to hear about the breakin, your losses and your buddys stuff. Really nasty of the insurance co giving ya the run around.
Great news! Insurance broke down and wrote a check for 1800 buckarinos and I was able to replace all of my stuff almost all of my buddys cigars and humidor. I just cant get those damned Opus! Anyway, I'm going to training in Houston for a week on 05/19 and I was wondering if anyone knew of any B&M's in the area that might carry Opus?
El_Chupacabre Wrote:Great news! Insurance broke down and wrote a check for 1800 buckarinos and I was able to replace all of my stuff almost all of my buddys cigars and humidor. I just cant get those damned Opus! Anyway, I'm going to training in Houston for a week on 05/19 and I was wondering if anyone knew of any B&M's in the area that might carry Opus?

That cant bee too difficult. I'll see if I can get some places for you. I know some people who live in that area.

Maybe Vegas Vixen can help. She's form the big state.
Pages: 1 2