StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: My Apologies.........................
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been derelict in my commitment to my BOTL at Stogie Chat.....

Life has hit me full force..

Trying to maintain a relationship with my 11 year old who is smarter than me
Work is overwhelming, being a manager (even of just 4 employees) is overwhelming
My involvement in the Submarine Veterans  Organization (Denizens of the Deep) is reaching a psychotic level with fundraisers, memorial construction, officer elections
My families Pet Crematory Business is requiring my full attention for technical operations and employee training (Son In Law)
My oldest son is getting ready to deploy to Iraq next year after returning last may.
A 6 month old grandson (The Cute-Anator)
Buying a new house and developing the lot
Prepping the existing house to place on the market
Dealing with my own demons
Neglecting my hobbies which help me maintain my sanity

So for those who have sent bombs: I humbly apologize for not posting pics, details and humorous anecdotes. I DO appreciate them dearly.

For those have taken time from their lives to share: I haven't acknowledged your contributions and yet I have enjoyed the brief respites from the day to day drudgery that you make me leave behind for a little while

In closing, thanks for the posts, bombs and brotherhood. I hop to contribute more in the future as life permits..

John
Don't worry, John. We all know life can sometimes get out of control to a point where no end appears in the horizon. Just hold on, for nothing lasts forever and rest assured that anything one can help with is but a PM away.
Hang in there man. It will all pay off in the end. If you think 11 is bad just wait a couple of years, oh boy are you in for it but they tell me it gets better, lets hope so....lol. Just remember we are here for ya and keep on doing what you got to do.
I was talking to a guy yesterday about being in "management". We both agreed that it was a lot more work and stress than either of us anticipated it would be. I'm sure there are a lot of managers on the forum that can identify with that.
Thanks guys. The 11 year old is the least of my worries, for now. He already reads at a college freshman level
Toss him some fun ones like "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "Starship Troopers", and "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" and it'll keep him busy for a month or two.   Big Grin
Vitamin G Wrote:Toss him some fun ones like "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "Starship Troopers", and "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" and it'll keep him busy for a month or two.   Big Grin

That would keep him occupied for a short time. He just read BRISINGER (763 pages) in just over a day, that included him going to school.
He started a Harry Potter book yesterday and is on page 425.

He has read out the library at his old school and is rapidly working his way thru this library.
[user=1094]banzaitoyota[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Vitamin G Wrote:Toss him some fun ones like "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "Starship Troopers", and "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" and it'll keep him busy for a month or two.   Big Grin

That would keep him occupied for a short time. He just read BRISINGER (763 pages) in just over a day, that included him going to school.
He started a Harry Potter book yesterday and is on page 425.

He has read out the library at his old school and is rapidly working his way thru this library.

The Harry Potter and Golden Compass series are some nice big thick books, and well written, but . . . try him on some non-fiction. The Arms of Krupp is a fascinating account of a German arms manufacturing dynasty from about 1100 CE to post-WWII. Weighs in at a hefty 1400+ pages in most editions.

Yes, they're the coffeemaker people now. Same company.

Reading's one of those things that gives people a leg up on the competition their whole life. Vocabulary, grammar, big ideas, cultural, historical, and scientific information even in fiction. I learned how to make dynamite from a Heinlein novel!

NANP™
[cigar]
Do what you need to do and we will still be here when you can check in

just dont be gone to long or Jebus might steal your chairWinkBig Grin
ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG [help]

Cancelled contract on one house, looking at another modular...

Worked on existing house all weekend.

Had to cover crematory stuff after work today.

No one ever said it was going to be easy.

I did receive a gift cigar from a co-worker today Smile
Pages: 1 2