StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: New from Atlanta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I'm a cigar lover in Atlanta. This is a nice site. Another cigar lover (Groucho Marx) once said, "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member". So with trepidation I say, "It's good to be a member". I love all cigar talk, particularly about Havanas. I do believe that great cigars are coming out of Nicaragua and the DR, but the history and art surrounding Havana cigar culture is my passion. The soil is sacred and special. I believe that the combination of a Democratic US Presidency and the imminent death of Fidel Castro will lead to a lift on the US-Cuba Trade Embargo in the near future. As a result, Cuban cigar prices will at least double, and the trophy models will triple (Esplendidos, Monte 2's, Hoyo DC's, et al). As the market stands today -- supply can't meet global demand and the US is not a retail player. So "stock up", is my welcome mantra.
Hi Archie and welcome from California!
[welcome] from NJ. What other cigars do you like to smoke?

We have a few members here from your area.

BTY, Castro is already dead.
I think the guy at Illusione is doing some really interesting things. The Ashton VSG's are solid, Oliva's value is remarkable.

But, give me a Diplomaticos #2 anytime.
Welcome Archie, I'm just north of Marietta, in Acworth.  Nice to have you along.  This is a great place, and while we all love us some ISOM's, you'll find that the horizons here are broad and expansive.   
Welcome from a "noob". [welcome]
Welcome Archie from another Atlanta BOTL...

If your available come on out tomorrow to Wiseash in Marrietta for thier grand opening and meet some of the board members... [thumbsup]
[welcome] from Illinois!
[welcome][rob]
archie Wrote:I think the guy at Illusione is doing some really interesting things. The Ashton VSG's are solid, Oliva's value is remarkable.

But, give me a Diplomaticos #2 anytime.
Yes, Dion makes a great cigar.[thumbsup] I'm a big fan of his line. Oliva has some real quality stuff as well, not to mention I happen to really like the people behind the Oliva name.

As far as the embargo being lifted, we shall see what that brings. As a Habanos fan myself, I suspect I will turn my focus on the non Cuban companies who will undoubtedly be using Cuban tobacco in their blends. I can only dream of what we might have in store for us.[smokin2]   

Oh......and Welcome. [welcome]
Pages: 1 2