StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: So, I got engaged today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
     ...to my girlfriend of over 5 years.  Unfortunately, the "surprise" was taken out of the event.  Let me explain...

As some of you may know, my girlfriend and I have been looking to buy our first home.  Earlier this month, we tendered an offer on the first house that both of us had been "wowed" by.  After some back and forth with the seller, we agreed on a price.  Since then, we've been going through all the necessary garbage that accompanies a home purchase, i.e. inspections, appraisals, mortgage application, etc.  My girlfriend (bless her) has been taking care of most of the back and forth with the real estate agent, as well as the mortgage broker.  

So last week, I bought my girlfriend's engagement ring.  I had every intention of using my credit card to make the purchase, but when the jeweler was offering 0% financing, I thought, "Why not?" Everything was great... or so it seemed. 

On Tuesday, we both took off work for the home inspection and to meet up with the mortgage broker to sign our papers for the loan.  A few hours after signing the application for our mortgage, the broker called my girlfriend to inquire about a new charge account that had showed up on my credit report.  He said, "I'll need some information from Pete regarding the Zales account he opened last week."

[size=7]D'OH!!! [/size][doh][curse][mad]:X[nono][censored][wtf2][thumbdown][mad1][smack]

....live and learn, fellas. 

Rob The Long Island Cowboy

hey it'll be a great story to tell the kids lol.  congrats bro.
Congrats!  Great story!! Cool
congratulations!
Congrats man!

[bravo2]
Congrts Pete. Big Daddy, can't trust them..
Congratulations, Pete!
Awesome!

NANP™
[cigar]
Big congrats to you!!! 
congrats!!!
Pages: 1 2 3