StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: natural or maduro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i was again looking at cigars online has if they where P0RN sites and i see alot of these two has options when buying cigars..alot of times the cigar will come in natural or maduro..what is the difference and which is better?
Correct me if i'm wrong, but "Maduro" is something-or-other nonenglish for "Ripe".   Its a sweeter, chocolate twinge to it, in my opinion.  Some sticks are "better" in natural, some to me are better in Maduro.

Samplers, are wonderful.      You might even want to check out TBS Cigars and ask to have a sampler put together for you.  He owns the board.
The main difference is in the wrapper. A maduro wrapper is much darker (fermented longer/ hotter) and some say sweeter/more flavorful than a natural wrapper. I find that I like both wrappers, there is really no way to say whether one is better than the other, it is just a personal preference.

US_Tank

Depends on the cigar.   Maduro's always look richer and deeper to me adding overall to my perception as I embark on a cigar.  But Maduro does not always mean stronger or better.

For example, in the Pardon 80th Anniversary I prefer the natural over the maduro.   But in the Pardon 1926 and 1964 line I like the maduros better.  Its all subjective for sure!

I am but a Padawan when it comes to cigars.   There are many here with far more knowledge and insight than what I can offer.  

Have fun in your cigar adventures and check back and let us know what you find that you like or dislike.  Smile
US_Tank Wrote:Depends on the cigar.   Maduro's always look richer and deeper to me adding overall to my perception as I embark on a cigar.  But Maduro does not always mean stronger or better.

For example, in the Pardon 80th Anniversary I prefer the natural over the maduro.   But in the Pardon 1926 and 1964 line I like the maduros better.  Its all subjective for sure!

I am but a Padawan when it comes to cigars.   There are many here with far more knowledge and insight than what I can offer.  

Have fun in your cigar adventures and check back and let us know what you find that you like or dislike.  Smile

Just what Tank said. I have seen some sticks that look realy great in a maduro and dont hold up where as the naturals in the same brand as wonderful. There are sample packs out there and there are palces that you can go to buy 5 packs so as not to invest in a full box.                  I started out by buying singles and then to 5 packs untill i got a base of what i like and disliked. I will pm you a web site where you can get 5 packs at a pretty good price.
Maduro goes through a process to get it that dark. They raise the temperature during fermentation.   I prefer a naturally dark wrapper, grown in the sun, that doesn't taste burnt, or cooked...
smoke em all! there are also sumatra, corojo, and habano wrappers, just to name a few. but it seriously depends on the cigar. when i first got into cigars, i associated maduros and their dark wrappers with "power", for lack of a better term. meaning i thought because they were darker, they were stronger. boy was i wrong! to me, maduro tastes "balanced", and almost always between natural and maduro, i will choose a maduro. it's all just preference. get your hands on a few of each and set fire to them! check out the sancho panza double maduro for a great stick.
scott81425 Wrote:smoke em all! there are also sumatra, corojo, and habano wrappers, just to name a few. but it seriously depends on the cigar. when i first got into cigars, i associated maduros and their dark wrappers with "power", for lack of a better term. meaning i thought because they were darker, they were stronger. boy was i wrong! to me, maduro tastes "balanced", and almost always between natural and maduro, i will choose a maduro. it's all just preference. get your hands on a few of each and set fire to them! check out the sancho panza double maduro for a great stick.
i actually did has well..i thought the darker the wrapper the stronger the cigar would be..
Pages: 1 2