StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Citibank Stock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

US_Tank

Their stock today ended at about a buck a share.   There is a chance of bankruptcy.   In the free market I would say it would go that way.   But BO with his bailouts could possibly save Citibank.

So....................

Does one wager $1,000 bucks for 1,000 shares?   If Citibank recovers and stocks trade for say $50/share in a few years one could stand to make $50k.

Any thoughts?
Well if you can afford to lose the $1000 if Citi group folds, then , sure, it's worth a risk... but expect to be taxed big if it does pan out because big gov't dosen't think you'll know how to spend it correctly, so they'll do it for you and redistribute it to those who didn't have the innovation to invest in the market at this time.

Besides... I can't see why citi group needs bailout money when they spend money on the naming rights to a baseball field in NYC...

I think the place should be renamed to Bailout Field. The Mets also need a bailout towards the end of the season as well. lol

[Image: 20080313_citifield.jpg]

US_Tank

It may not be a super sound decision, but the reward is certainly worth the risk. 
US_Tank Wrote:It may not be a super sound decision, but the reward is certainly worth the risk. 
And if it drops to 4 cents a share, then you write off the loss.

US_Tank

MikeD Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:It may not be a super sound decision, but the reward is certainly worth the risk. 
And if it drops to 4 cents a share, then you write off the loss.

or I could buy at .04/share?   [smokin2]

US_Tank

The issue with Citibank is that they have a lot of bad assets.   And the national average for defaults and deliquent mortgages is 11%.   Without mortgage holders paying mortgages, banks like Citibank cannot extend more lines of credit therefore grow.

But if and when things start to pick up this could be a great pickup.   Which is why I am watching it closely until such a time comes.  Just wanted some thoughts from any of you out there who watches the market closely. 
So what do you guys think about AIG?

Rob The Long Island Cowboy

Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:So what do you guys think about AIG?

Way to steal my thunder you penis.  Tongue

Daryn, I've been thinking the same thing for a long time now.  there are too many companies that are too valuable not to buy them on sale like this.  Look at some of these betas.  FPL.  MSFT.  The effing company's assets are worth more than their float.  Come on.

Bottom line people is that it comes down to your faith in the American way of life.  America is going nowhere.  We're going to be here hundreds of years from now.  It took many men and many years to build this great nation.  BO can't stop it.  America will bounce back and when it does you want to be on that upswing of firms.

Like C for example.  When everyone gets back in and starts moving the money around who do you think is going to be one of the major players?  hmmm? Bingo.  Citigroup.

These companies are too big to be allowed to fail.  No matter how much they eff it up the government will keep writing them checks to fix their screwups until they figure it out.  Look at AIG even as screwed up as they are they're still worth how many billion?  Exactly.  When people start buying houses and shit again who's going to be insuring them?  Exactly.

Spot on with you big d.  viva capitalism.

For people with money I love msft. 

For us pikers i love c and aig.

think of it this way.  many of you buy lottery tickets, scratch off tickets and all that shit.  2 bucks a week times 52 weeks buys you 285 shares or so of aig.  a company once trading north of 80.  now say they recover to 5-10 bucks.  now you have 1500 to 2800 bucks.  more than that and you have a down payment on a house.  with a house you build equity through a number of avenues. 

don't believe the common man can get rich?  get out of america. 

america's been making the common man rich since 1776.  just ask all those msft employees who got company options.  case closed.

Rob The Long Island Cowboy

MikeD Wrote: 

Besides... I can't see why citi group needs bailout money when they spend money on the naming rights to a baseball field in NYC...

I think the place should be renamed to Bailout Field. The Mets also need a bailout towards the end of the season as well. lol

[Image: 20080313_citifield.jpg]
bingo it's 99% perception and b/s.  the money is there.  we had effing betas in the 50's and the economy worked just fine.  people need to stop drinking up the bo recycled jimmy carter america sucks kool aid and get on with their lives.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8