StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: And yet ANOTHER bead question!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, my first vinotemp is on its way!!!! HUGE step, I know...Chris1980 and myself have had a few conversations about it, and the big responsibility that comes with it....to keep it full!!!

I've already decided that I'm going with beads, like many others have done.

I have no problem spending extra $$$ on a brandname product that performs better than the "generic" product, BUT with other beads on the market today, are the Heartfelts worth the extra cash? I don't want to cut corners, but would not mind saving a few bucks here and there...

Anyone have any experience with the other bead brands??

What do you guys think?
Hunlock Wrote:Well, my first vinotemp is on its way!!!! HUGE step, I know...Chris1980 and myself have had a few conversations about it, and the big responsibility that comes with it....to keep it full!!!

I've already decided that I'm going with beads, like many others have done.

I have no problem spending extra $$$ on a brandname product that performs better than the "generic" product, BUT with other beads on the market today, are the Heartfelts worth the extra cash? I don't want to cut corners, but would not mind saving a few bucks here and there...

Anyone have any experience with the other bead brands??

What do you guys think?

I haven't had to buy beads for a while (But I always used Heartfelt) so I don't know what the price difference is.

But what you need to ask yourself is that considering the value of what you are putting in the humi, is it worth the price difference to have that extra piece of mind that you have no worries or concerns about the beads and your cigars.
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:But what you need to ask yourself is that considering the value of what you are putting in the humi, is it worth the price difference to have that extra piece of mind that you have no worries or concerns about the beads and your cigars.
Yep, that is exactly why I asked...Like I said, I have no problem spending the extra cash if that is what I need to do. I use plenty of products in my home that are of the generic form, and cannot notice a difference.....That being said, I have also had a few products that did not meet my standards....
Hunlock Wrote:
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:But what you need to ask yourself is that considering the value of what you are putting in the humi, is it worth the price difference to have that extra piece of mind that you have no worries or concerns about the beads and your cigars.
Yep, that is exactly why I asked...Like I said, I have no problem spending the extra cash if that is what I need to do. I use plenty of products in my home that are of the generic form, and cannot notice a difference.....That being said, I have also had a few products that did not meet my standards....
You never really know about anything generic and I don't know anything about the generic beads, but IMHO....I'd go with the name brand product in this case. Just my 2 cents.

US_Tank

Not sure what brand of beads I use but I got mine from Bargainhumidors.com with no issues and a good price!  Good luck!
US_Tank Wrote:Not sure what brand of beads I use but I got mine from Bargainhumidors.com with no issues and a good price!  Good luck!

Yes sir,they are all you need,I have been posting this link here so much,I'm starting to get $%^&%% off. Sad  Wink

1/2 lb. bag

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/Produc...NSERVAGEL2

1 lb. bag

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/Produc...ONSERVAGEL

US_Tank

We need guys like Don to keep reminding our arses of these things!
I use both ConservaGel and Heartfelt brand beads and have nothing bad to report about either one. So due to ConservaGel being 1/2 the price I know what I will be getting the next time I need to order some beads.
Bluesman455 Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Not sure what brand of beads I use but I got mine from Bargainhumidors.com with no issues and a good price!  Good luck!

Yes sir,they are all you need,I have been posting this link here so much,I'm starting to get $%^&%% off. Sad  Wink

1/2 lb. bag

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ACC-CONSERVAGEL2

1 lb. bag

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ACC-CONSERVAGEL
This is good to hear!  I went back and forth about trying them but ended up going with the heartfelts the first time.  I need to toss the gel pucks in one of my desktops and will give these conserva gel beads a shot.  Thanks for the info Don [thumbsup]
Good_Stogies_Mon Wrote:I use both ConservaGel and Heartfelt brand beads and have nothing bad to report about either one. So due to ConservaGel being 1/2 the price I know what I will be getting the next time I need to order some beads.
If it's the same stuff & at 1/2 the price...then it's a no-brainer! Tongue Big Grin
Pages: 1 2