StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: 601 very hard to draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried out my first 601 red last night.  I was really looking forward to it.  It was a disapointment.  I could hardly draw on it at all.  I tried using the draw poker, but it didnt seem to make a difference.  I am really hoping I just got a bad one, I have four more in the humi.  Anybody have the same problem?
never man, I have loved them all! Try another, sounds like a dud.
Even some of the best cigars, you're bound to get a plugged one... it is a handmade product afterall.
I smoked at 601 Red earlier this year. Well build and nice draw. Awfully peppery on the nose, but you know, it turned into something I really, really liked about half way in. I had no trouble with the draw and liked it overall. [pirate2]
I smoke a lot of Pepin made cigars.  I would say that the construction is above the average. Every once in a while there will be a hard spot around where the band is.  I just massage it and the draw usually opens up.  Sometimes I'll get a hollow spot every once in a while as well.  Like Mike D said, hand rolled product.  Pepin teaches his rollers the right way. I've never had one outright plugged.  
I've smoked more than my fair share of 601's.. Reds, greens, blues, and blacks, and I've had a couple that plugged on me, but I'd be willing to bet it was a fluke.. Try another bro.  They are great smokes.
Scott
Poriggity Wrote:I've smoked more than my fair share of 601's.. Reds, greens, blues, and blacks, and I've had a couple that plugged on me, but I'd be willing to bet it was a fluke.. Try another bro.  They are great smokes.
Scott
+1