StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Cigar Band project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It occured to me that I never posted this. I always wanted to put more poly and do a little sanding, but it never made it any further. This was my first humidor and decided to dress it up a bit. Modge Podged the bands on, then a few coats of polyurathane. Wanted to do more, but this is where it stands
[Image: IMAG0516_zpszgqcvy5m.jpg]
Cool man, looks good. I have been saving my bands for years, waiting for the right idea or project to come along. PO did a really cool bar a few years back. I will see if I can find the thread
Looks good buddy!
That looks awesome!

I've been saving my bands for an ashtray project. Hopefully I can finish it one of these years...
Not bad for the first time.
(06-04-2014, 09:58 AM)carl609 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool man, looks good. I have been saving my bands for years, waiting for the right idea or project to come along. PO did a really cool bar a few years back. I will see if I can find the thread

here it is:
http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/Thread-P...el-Bar-top
(06-04-2014, 09:53 AM)nayslayer Wrote: [ -> ]It occured to me that I never posted this. I always wanted to put more poly and do a little sanding, but it never made it any further. This was my first humidor and decided to dress it up a bit. Modge Podged the bands on, then a few coats of polyurathane. Wanted to do more, but this is where it stands
[Image: IMAG0516_zpszgqcvy5m.jpg]

Well, I decided to pull the trigger and enroll in this forum. Again, that is a slick looking humi. I may have told you that I have a bedside table/humidor on my sketch pad and about 5 cigar boxes full of bands intended for use on the top of it. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours has.
Nice, Larry! We're you pleased with the results from the Modge Podge? I ask, as I'm guessing some adhesives might be absorbed by the paper bands.

Like Carl, I've been saving my bands for years for a project, but still have no clear idea as to what project to pursue. Been considering a dominoes table for years, but I have to build a table first.
Modge lodge is similar to Elmer's glue, but you brush in on small part of surface then place bands down then follow up with a coat over them. I only noticed a little translucency with a Liga Privada band. It may have also happend with the polyurethane I painted over the bands. I think I put about 5 coats of poly. I think the one that became a little translucent added, not subtracted from piece

Modge Podge
http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/32864...01&veh=sem
Larry, I just finished drawing out my table/humidor project and penciled in the measurements. I ordered some kiln-dried Spanish cedar (pricey !!!) I'm getting in the mood now. I'll keep you posted. Since photobucket works the same way here, I'll shoot some pics and post them here.
Pages: 1 2