StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Top Cigar of 2011 According to Everyone Else
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a copy of a blog post I just did... check out the entry on the website HERE.

Top Cigars of 2011 According to Everyone Else

Okay, well it is that time of year when everyone is releasing their “Top Cigars of 2011″. Well, instead of coming up with yet another list for you to read over and agree with, disagree with, or laugh at, I thought that I would try something a little bit different.

I decided to create a composite index of sorts, poll some of the cigar lists, and come up with a list representing the general overall trends of the top cigars of 2011.

So here is what I did… I picked out 9 cigar blogs that I read that are all very popular – much more so than me needless to say – and I took note of their lists.

To come up with the composite score for each cigar, I gave 15 points for 1st place, 14 points for 2nd place, 13 points for 3rd place, etc. all the way down to 1 point for 15th place. On the lists that did not contain 15 (Top 10, Top 12, etc), I continued down, still with 15 points for first, until I reached the end of their list. One blog that I picked out just had a “Top Cigars” list without placing them in order. On this list, each cigar was awarded 8.5 points.

After totaling the point scores and coming up with the final order, I though it would be interesting to also see how many blogs out of the 9 that I polled mentioned each cigar. So for example, the San Lotano Oval was mentioned by 6 of the 9 blogs, etc.

This is by no means scientific – I just saw a lot of the same cigars on the lists, and wanted to see how things came out.

My opinion was not included in the list at all, and in fact, I don’t agree with a few of the cigars even being on a Top Cigars of 2011 list. But I thought the results were interesting, so here it is – the Top Cigars of 2011 according to everyone else!

SCORE / CIGAR / MENTIONS
71.5 / San Lotano Oval / 6
63 / Quesada Seleccion Espana / 6
53 / Drew Estate Undercrown / 5
43.5 / Four Kicks by Crowned Heads / 4
42 / Casa Magna Dominus Magnus / 4
42 / La Casita Criolla / 3
41.5 / E.P. Carillo – New Wave Connecticut / 5
29.5 / Cro-Magnon / 4
29.5 / Emilio Cigars Grimalkin / 3
27.5 / Tatuaje Black Label Petite Lancero / 3
27 / E.P. Carrillo Short Run 2010 No.4 / 2
27 / My Father El Hijo / 3
23 / Fausto / 2
21.5 / New Havana Cigars – Capa Especial / 2
21 / Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Limited Edition 2011 / 2
19 / Casa Miranda / 2
19 / Padron SI 15 Maduro / 2
18 / My Father Le Bijou 1922 Corona Gorda / 2
17 / Emilio AF 1 / 2

Give us your feedback!
www.cigarsnapshot.com
feedback [at] cigarsnapshot [dot] com
www.facebook.com/cigarsnapshot

Shop with our Amazon link!
www.cigarsnapshot.com/amazon

Twitter:
@cigarsnapshot – show updates only
@maytagman1 – Bill’s personal account

VOICEMAIL FEEDBACK LINE: 209-432-3535

US_Tank

The San Lotano is darn good!
Bill thanks for taking the time to compile this list.
Interesting to see a broader consensus.
(01-04-2012, 03:58 PM)US_Tank Wrote: [ -> ]The San Lotano is darn good!

I agree. Also really enjoy the My Father Le Bijou 1922 Corona Gorda
Bill you have WAAAAAAY too much time on your hands bro! lol

US_Tank

Yep nice work Bill! You have a lot of passion for cigars! The Farm Rolled you gave me in Vegas last year was the best cigar I think I ever had. I finally found a batch of Farm Rolled to replicate that one. For me the following are my 11 favorites this year! Top 6 in order and the bottom 5 I can not really rate in order.

1) Farm Rolled
2) My Father 3
3) Cain Daytona #4
4) Cain Daytona Mumcero
5) Padilla 1932 Mumcero
6) My Father 2
7) My Father Mumcero
9) Curivari White
10) Oliva V #4
11) Cain Daytona 550

I have not obtained any Padron's this year so maybe one of them would have or could have cracked my Top 10.
(01-05-2012, 10:43 PM)US_Tank Wrote: [ -> ]Yep nice work Bill! You have a lot of passion for cigars! The Farm Rolled you gave me in Vegas last year was the best cigar I think I ever had. I finally found a batch of Farm Rolled to replicate that one. For me the following are my 11 favorites this year! Top 6 in order and the bottom 5 I can not really rate in order.

1) Farm Rolled
2) My Father 3
3) Cain Daytona #4
4) Cain Daytona Mumcero
5) Padilla 1932 Mumcero
6) My Father 2
7) My Father Mumcero
9) Curivari White
10) Oliva V #4
11) Cain Daytona 550

I have not obtained any Padron's this year so maybe one of them would have or could have cracked my Top 10.

That's a good list Daryn! Looks like you have been hitting the Daytonas and My Fathers hard... I need to retry the Daytonas as the first handful I picked up a while back left me kind of blah.

US_Tank

Oh geez Bill get on it my friend. I promise you will love them if given a chance. As with many brands and boxes, I have had some boxes better than others. Case and point, I love the Oliva 4's but I had two that were not even close to being as good as most I have had.

US_Tank

(01-04-2012, 05:52 PM)pak1351 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2012, 03:58 PM)US_Tank Wrote: [ -> ]The San Lotano is darn good!

I agree. Also really enjoy the My Father Le Bijou 1922 Corona Gorda

I liked that one too!