StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Damp Spots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So after the bomb I got today from Scott, I was going through and reorganizing my humi. As I was doing that, I noticed a darker damp looking spot on one of the sides... concerned I took out all of my cigars and found more. Upon examination, I didn't see any wet cello or anything... just these damp looking spots in the wood. This ever happen to anyone/ suggestions on what to do? The hygrometer stays around 65% and 68 degrees fairly constantly.
[Image: 1203110007.jpg]
hmm.. Do you use pg fluid for humidification in pucks?
Hard to tell in picture, Kinda looks like oil type stain. Maybe something was on outside of a cello or two. Probably good you aired on the side of caution, i wouldn't leave humi open untill the wise men give you a better more informed answer.
I use the humi-care gel humidification jar w/ distilled water
It takes all of us some time to potty train our stogies, but trust me, it will get better.

Are those the wet spots where the humi-care bottles were? Could there be a small crack?

If your humidor was in the cold for whatever reason, you could have condensed some of the humidity and caused the wet spots.
Were they damp to the touch? They look oily, almost like stain.
I examined the humi-care jar, no visible cracks. After moving all of my stock to a tupperdore and letting the humi are out/dry, the spots are still there... indicating and oily substance...
Were all of the cigars on the bottom in cello?
Nope, there were a few non-cello cigars there... thinking natural oils from them?
I guess it is possible...I'll take a look though my humidors and see if any of them exhibit such a thing. I have one humidor with half a box worth of Liga No.9's (no cello) in the bottom, so if any of mine are likely to exhibit, that'll probably be the one.
I wouldn't worry about it if they are dry. Since it's empty re season it and start fresh.
Pages: 1 2