StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Who / What are they
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The last two weeks I have been getting unlisted calls on my cell phone. The first time I picked up the guy was asking for someone. Told him he had the wrong number. The second call was from a different area code and they asked for the same person. I goggle both numbers and read a lot of complaints from other people about receiving calls from those numbers.

The other day my phone again from an unlisted number (different area code). I didn't pick up but this is getting annoying.
I'm thinking on the next call I'm gonna use my boat air horn.

Anyone else experience this?
Here are some of the numbers:
515-473-9538
253-246-8573
205-983-6420
954-363-7101
631-465-8104
954-332-1713
hasn't happened to me yet. Maybe its just someone who really loves the Mum and this is their only way of showing you???
My first thought would have been telemarketers, I've had several of them on my cell.
The fact that they're asking for someone, and continue to call after they've been told they have the wrong number, combined with all the other numbers that have been calling seems far more devious to me.
Have you signed up for any new services recently? It almost seems like your # got put on some sort of list.
That 631 number I believe used to call me, it was always a hispanic person looking for someone
http://www.numberguru.com/515-473-9538

Just replace the numbers at the end of the link for all of the different ones. The site will tell you their 'spammer score' and which company/carrier it is, and where its from. Not that it'll help you stop receiving calls... just gives you a little info.
i get calls all the freaking time for someone named eric. must have had my phone number before i did (at least 5 years ago). i'd look up the numbers they called from and see if any of them matched, but i just got my new phone and am in the process of wiping the old one so it can be used as an ipod touch.
I thought it was because my 5 year ran out on the national no call. SOOOO I did it again and it has slowed down except for " hello this is Rachel from cardholder services". Try to re register again.

https://www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx
Cardholder services continues to call us even though we are on the do not call list and I've asked every time they call to remove me from thier list. When you ask, they just hang up on you. One time I asked the bitch how many times I have to be asked to be removed from their list adn she actually said, " a million!" in a nasty voice before she hung up on me. It kind of pi$$es them off if you let them go through their script and then tell them you have no credit cards Big Grin

As to your calls, they must be from your secret admirer. Just check out which of your SC buddies live in those area codes Wink
is that an admission of guilt, cliff?
Sorry, not me, I am too lazy to stalk anyone. Unless they have a cheesecake. Or chocolate. Or a chocolate cheesecake, then maybe I'll consider stalking. But still, wrong area code.
Pages: 1 2