StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Cigar Trends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I haven't been into this hobby for too long, but have noticed the trend from short fat cigars to long fat cigars. What other trends have you seen? I guess quite a few years ago was maduro? I don't know, but what have you guys noticed in your years..If you fogs can remember that far back...lol. Thought it would be interesting read
great idea! I'm interested to see what everyone has to say!
Different blends together.
Stronger / spicer stogies.
ligero, ligero, and more ligero as of late.
very, very limited runs!!
How about real long skinny ones due to Clint Eastwood movies? Just somethin I saw when I was a kid around my Grandpa and his friends.
+1 on the super limited release.
I read an article Saturday something like that but they are just pushing cigars disguised as an article. What's up with all these 6 x 60 ring cigars??
http://www.cigaradvisor.com/news/cigars/...ntent=feat

During the past year, I noticed that I was getting more and more press releases announcing new 6 x 60 ring gauge cigars. Do you remember how a few years ago Lanceros had come back into vogue? So, manufacturers began adding more 7 x 38 cigars to their repertoire. Now it seems as if just the opposite is happening with the demand for 6 x 60 cigars. The more 6 x 60's I saw coming into the market the more curious I became about this trend. So, I wrote to a number of well-respected cigar makers to get their take on this "Grand Toro" shape phenomenon, and asked, "What gives?"

I felt it appropriate to start with Nick Perdomo Jr., since Tabacalera Perdomo was among the first manufacturers to introduce extra-wide ring cigars when they released their Cuban Parejo line in 2001.

Good article !!! Thanks T....
gimmick
I've seen a trend of gimmicky things. Like cigars infused with Louis 13th. Or glow in the dark humidors. Seems they learned we are suckers for gimmicks. And new sticks. A new stick is typically greeted with gusto and $. So cigar companies are quick to come out with new cigars, have a few events and sell a few thousand boxes.
Some manage to do this while maintaining quality. But I can't say that for all of them.
BTW, this is just my not-so-humble opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3