StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: New Toy...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
SWEEEEEET! Keep 'em coming brother!
THat is gonna be some job.
Nice! Can I ask how much you paid for this?
Sweet, lots of blood, sweat and tears to come, but .......... when its finished ...... yeah baby.
The guy I purchased it from wanted $2500 for it, but because it wasn't in the best condition, I got it down to $1700. Considering its the original engine, still runs and drives, just needs major body work (and a little electrical), I thought that was a fair price. I've sold a lot of the chrome pieces, and some pieces that were there but not in the best shape, and bought better looking and better shape pieces.... without putting a lot of my own money in.
Thats a cool car. My dad had one pretty similar to that. I will see if I can get a pic of it. Its great that it runs and drives. Are you reusing the stock drivetrain?
Yep... for now at least. My main concern since the engine and drivetrain are in working condition is to get everything else done first. The fluid-drive is very cool. Being my first restoration, I'm a little wary of stepping into anything more than body and electrical work right now.
Thats a good plan. Use what works for now. You can always change that later if you decide it needs more power.
you mean 107 HP tops isn't gonna make this a drag strip champion!?!?!
Got the chasis and the body apart today. Great progress in the few days I've had to work on it... back to school after today so progress will stop for a few weeks until I get a chance to go back home.
[Image: 1127111717-1-1.jpg]
[Image: 1127111717a-1.jpg]
[Image: 1127111717b-1.jpg]
[Image: 1127111717c-1.jpg]
[Image: 1127111718a-1.jpg]

The frame is remarkably solid compared to the body. Only one place needs reinforced (that I can tell right now)... and thats just the piece that the trunk attaches to. Definitely helps to have the shop manual (especially when it comes to finding parts and putting things back together!)
Pages: 1 2 3 4