StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Thoughts on 777 by Jesus Fuego?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently snagged a box of Triple 7s by Jesus Fuego on CA and was wondering if any of you could shed some light on them? They have had pretty good reviews from what I have found but I couldn't find any reviews on here (maybe I just missed them in the search though). I know that Origen, one of his other lines, is very highly thought upon. Anyways, just wondering what your thoughts are on the 777s and hopefully I didn't waste my money.
I have heard of them but never smoked one. I have liked other cigars by Jesus Fuego.
Although I have tried the 777's it was a while ago. Jesus had a problem with manufacturing that has since been corrected and his cigars are back to where they should be. I've always liked his products and blends but as with any other cigar to final review will be yours and whether you like it or not.
I think they're a solid cigar, and worth the $100ish per box that I'm assuming you've paid.
Personally I wouldn't spring for a box - I think there's better options out there for my tongue.
But I would be surprised if you came away from that box thinking you've wasted your money.
Yea, they are a little pricey but we have lots of customers who love them.
http://www.tbs-cigars.com/jesus-fuego-cigars.php

They are a pretty solid cigar with a kick of strength in its body. I smoked a couple of them and its one of those cigars that yields a great smoking experience if you don't over draw on the cigar with each puff. Otherwise it tends to pickup a little bit of harshness which can ruin the overall experience.
(02-09-2011, 03:18 PM)Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, they are a little pricey but we have lots of customers who love them.
http://www.tbs-cigars.com/jesus-fuego-cigars.php

They are a pretty solid cigar with a kick of strength in its body. I smoked a couple of them and its one of those cigars that yields a great smoking experience if you don't over draw on the cigar with each puff. Otherwise it tends to pickup a little bit of harshness which can ruin the overall experience.
That is key...
(02-09-2011, 02:20 PM)JoeBob Wrote: [ -> ]I think they're a solid cigar, and worth the $100ish per box that I'm assuming you've paid.
Personally I wouldn't spring for a box - I think there's better options out there for my tongue.
But I would be surprised if you came away from that box thinking you've wasted your money.

Actually I got lucky and picked up a box of the Coronas Maduros for $56 on Cigar Auctioneer. I saw them in the final count down and noone had a bid on them really so I decided I would take the chance. It sounds like it was a pretty good buy.

And thanks for the tips guys. I will be sure not to over draw. They should get here by the end of this week maybe next week depending on the snow, we just got two feet today. I will let them sit for a couple of weeks before I smoke one but I will let you guys know how it goes.
Sounds like you scored a great price. Sure wish I could buy at that price for my customers!

I would give the cigars a few days of rest in the humidor before smoking them. I've not heard anything bad about the cigar auctioneer, but for $56 I would be a little skeptical on the quality. That is well below the cost of what cigar stores buy them for resell. Nobody makes money selling cigars under cost, so hopefully you are gettting a good bundle for that price. If they are a bit dry then they will burn with a harsh taste no matter how lightly you draw on the cigar. Smile
(02-09-2011, 06:58 PM)Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you scored a great price. Sure wish I could buy at that price for my customers!

I would give the cigars a few days of rest in the humidor before smoking them. I've not heard anything bad about the cigar auctioneer, but for $56 I would be a little skeptical on the quality. That is well below the cost of what cigar stores buy them for resell. Nobody makes money selling cigars under cost, so hopefully you are gettting a good bundle for that price. If they are a bit dry then they will burn with a harsh taste no matter how lightly you draw on the cigar. Smile

Cigar Auctioneer is run by Famous Smoke so I trust them. I know alot of people who buy with them and say they are reputable from the other forums I visit. I think I just got lucky on the price though as it was midday so no-one else bid on it besides one other person. It had a start bid of $54, the other guy bid $55, and then I bid $56 with a few minutes left.
Oh, I see that now. I thought it was like eBay. So they auction off their stock only and its not open for others to auction off cigars. You should be ok then.
Pages: 1 2