StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: how the hell do these 2 companies do it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i just smoked a oliva serie G last night and it blew me away..and i started thinking how does oliva and 5 vegas continue to put out high quality sticks are such a low price? and not just the price..but such consistency stick to stick..and ive learned price does not dictate smoking pleasure..ive smoked $15+ cigars that i couldnt stand yet enjoy the hell out of these $3-$7 sticks from 5 vegas and oliva..when it comes to build quality, taste, consistency, and price i dont think any company out there can touch these guys..the only ones out there that i can see that are in the same league in my opinion is 601, i love the blue box pressed maduro and the red line version..im glad i finally tryed a oliva..ive had a bunch marinating in my humi for about 8 months now..and yes i know your asking yourself you were blowin away by a $5 oliva? hey what can i say..its a damn good stick..give the brand a try if you havent
both make some good cigars! glad you enjoyed the Oliva G.
Consistency, not all high dollar sticks are good. It is also personal preference, Some of my most enjoyable sticks run from $4.00 to $7.00. But look at there lines. Quality along with selection , is a win win situation. Olivia always has a spot in my humi's. Along with Peppin, Camacho, LFD, Upmann, TAT, Ashton,Padron, Pedilla, and on and on and on. All of my crap is cheap but good LOL
(11-28-2010, 11:18 AM)buckit60 Wrote: [ -> ]Consistency, not all high dollar sticks are good. It is also personal preference, Some of my most enjoyable sticks run from $4.00 to $7.00. But look at there lines. Quality along with selection , is a win win situation. Olivia always has a spot in my humi's. Along with Peppin, Camacho, LFD, Upmann, TAT, Ashton,Padron, Pedilla, and on and on and on. All of my crap is cheap but good LOL

i just recently started trying LFD, so far only one i tryed is the air bender and i LOVED it..camacho i picked up a few sticks of each line still marinating in the humi, upmann i have never tryed, ashton i been waiting to put in a order to pick up there vsg and esg line, padron i love, padilla ive only tryed 1 or 2 sticks but so far i really like them
The Oliva G is always in my rotation. Just had a couple of maduros the other night too.

Skip can probably provide all the details & correct me....Oliva does everything: they grow their own tobacco & roll it & market it and everything else in between. Other cigar makers buy their tobacco from others...including Oliva.
(11-28-2010, 12:55 PM)Tonto Wrote: [ -> ]The Oliva G is always in my rotation. Just had a couple of maduros the other night too.

Skip can probably provide all the details & correct me....Oliva does everything: they grow their own tobacco & roll it & market it and everything else in between. Other cigar makers buy their tobacco from others...including Oliva.

i was saying to myself, i dont know what they are doing there over at the oliva camp, but i hope he has plenty of kids to teach this tradition too because i want to enjoy these for a long time to come..
Never ever had a bad Oliva. Consistent burn and draw.
yeah i think thats the best way to describe the company..consistency
(11-28-2010, 11:23 AM)denali7432 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2010, 11:18 AM)buckit60 Wrote: [ -> ]Consistency, not all high dollar sticks are good. It is also personal preference, Some of my most enjoyable sticks run from $4.00 to $7.00. But look at there lines. Quality along with selection , is a win win situation. Olivia always has a spot in my humi's. Along with Peppin, Camacho, LFD, Upmann, TAT, Ashton,Padron, Pedilla, and on and on and on. All of my crap is cheap but good LOL

i just recently started trying LFD, so far only one i tryed is the air bender and i LOVED it..camacho i picked up a few sticks of each line still marinating in the humi, upmann i have never tryed, ashton i been waiting to put in a order to pick up there vsg and esg line, padron i love, padilla ive only tryed 1 or 2 sticks but so far i really like them

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Ashton esgs that i have smoked are priceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee but well worth it
(11-28-2010, 01:31 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: [ -> ]Never ever had a bad Oliva. Consistent burn and draw.

+1

I had a couple of Serie G maduros the other night...both excellent! Never had them before, so I picked up a few more & just took 1 out of the humi now for a smoke.
Pages: 1 2