StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Best First Cigar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went to a buddy's house last night with a couple of sticks (Punch Naturals) and had an enjoyable smoke. We had a couple of beers and sat on the deck watching the sunset. Right as we were about done another friend of mine stopped by and was intrigued by the cigars. He said he had never tried a cigar before but always wanted to. Unfortunately I had only brought those sticks we had just smoked, so I told him I would get him one and we could smoke another day. When I got home and looked at my modest (very modest) stash I realized I only had a few cigars I hadn't tried yet and a few really nice ones that were gifts. Being fairly new to cigar smoking myself I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on what the best first cigar would be. I want my friend to enjoy it and want more. Anyway, any suggestions would be great and thanks in advance for your time and thought

-Scott
Well the best cigar would vary for most of us. A cigar that we loved, wouldn't be a good one for a new smoker. Generally more seasoned smokers enjoy a more full flavor, where as a new smoker would prefer a lighter stogie. Use the search at the top and you find quite a few good suggestions.
Make sure you check out the Good Review Section. Very helpful information there.

I can only talk for myself but i started in this hobby with Romeo y Julieta.
I have found that an Oliva G is a good intro cigar. A Davidoff is also very good but pricey.
I'd suggest the RP Edge Lite, it's so creamy and mild. I still love 'em, the wife doesn't even mind if I smoke it in the house. A Macanudo or Baccarat wouldn't be a bad choice for a first cigar either, IMHO.
(08-16-2010, 01:13 PM)sergione Wrote: [ -> ]I have found that an Oliva G is a good intro cigar. A Davidoff is also very good but pricey.

I agree. I never ever had a bad Oliva product. Always a good burn, always a good smoke..
Oliva O is great opener... I also LOVE the V series!
(08-16-2010, 06:34 PM)Medic443stl Wrote: [ -> ]Oliva O is great opener... I also LOVE the V series!

But the V series would not be a good first cigar..
(08-16-2010, 07:07 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2010, 06:34 PM)Medic443stl Wrote: [ -> ]Oliva O is great opener... I also LOVE the V series!

But the V series would not be a good first cigar..

Unless your Don whose first cigars was a Double Ligero and said "So whats a full bodied cigar"
my first cigar was a fuente chateau fuente maduro. Smile
Pages: 1 2