StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: More Midwest Fishing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

US_Tank

I spent the week with the inlaws in northern, MN.  But Dad and I did a little sidetrip to Rainy Lake with some friends and had some great luck!

Kyle told us there was a big northern by this point.  He told me to cast there.  I told him he was crazy.  We bantered back and forth.  Then I bet him my 3 beers in the cooler that he was wrong.  So he casted his rod and caught this 23lb. northern.  I lost my beer:

[Image: DadsFish2009065.jpg]

Two hours in the morning and we got this stringer of walleyes:

[Image: DadsFish2009058.jpg]

US_Tank

Later that day towards evening my Dad landed this 25lb. 8oz. northern pike:

[Image: DadsFish2009067.jpg]
Very nice, catching is way more fun than fishing.  Hope you paid out with some nice premium beers, that fish deserves it [thumbsup]

US_Tank

That will teach me to better listen to the guide!

US_Tank

ktee Wrote:Very nice, catching is way more fun than fishing.  Hope you paid out with some nice premium beers, that fish deserves it [thumbsup]

It cost me my LaBatt's Blue!  My only 3 in the cooler and we were about 5 miles from the cabin.
Well im jealous again haha.  Nice stringer their Tank!

Im heading out to the farm with the girlfriend here in a few to do a little bass fishing and drive around the fields before dark to see what the deer heard looks like this year...I'll bring the camera along [thumbsup]
Awesome catches!! Cool 
Ya know, if you hold those fish out closer to the camera they look twice as big [lol]
ktee Wrote:Ya know, if you hold those fish out closer to the camera they look twice as big [lol]
Yeah!   I remember Skipper talking about that too!  Tongue Big Grin

US_Tank

Hey those fish are held close!  They are as big as they look.
Pages: 1 2