StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Take my wife, please...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I'm a very newbie just now trying to expand my horizons and learn how to enjoy cigars. To date, I've noticed the biggest obstacle (aside from the cost in buying a large variety of cigars to find out what I like) is that I can't smoke around my wife. Not that there's not a lot to be said about quality alone time with just a nice microbrew and a cigar, other times I'd like to light up when she's outside with me, but she hates the smell. I figure the only way I'll ever be able to smoke a cigar in her presence, and thus to maximize my enjoyment of the hobby, is to get her into it too.

Any tips on how to get a women to start smoking cigars? Assuming I can even get her to try one to realize they taste much better than they smell if your downwind of one, what would be a good choice that would stand the best chance of her not poo-pooing it when she does try it?? I figure a lot of you guys have been in my position, and may have some pointers for me. My future unbridled cigar smoking enjoyment hinges on your assistance!!
lmao..well similar situation here but i have a better chance watching her shovel the driveway than getting her to puff on one.Good luck and if you figure this one out, your a genius
Do what I did. Just say, live with it.. And then run away..
Welcome to SC. Sorry about the wife but you're to late. The room is already full with the ones we gave away.
[Image: 872270-001.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=4C4...A3B5A18ED0]
(12-15-2009, 10:17 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: [ -> ]Do what I did. Just say, live with it.. And then run away..

Yes, that's pretty much how you handle it. No more, no less. If she's not into smoking now, you probably won't change her...

Why don't you tell her you're going to do her a favor and go smoke with some buddies. Then hop a plane to Pensacola for the January Herf?

Big Grin
I have a dog Smile
(12-15-2009, 10:54 PM)steve047 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a dog Smile

and a 73 in TV . so steve's is where I go till it warms up lol
Hmmm...you guys are not too encouraging so far! I would hope I have a better chance than Nayslayer with the driveway shoveling analogy, but I'm worried now. I've seen brands targeted specifically at women. Have you guys tried that approach? Or is that more akin to giving her a pink shovel and asking her to clear the driveway?? I already tried the "Just take a couple puffs and you won't smell it as much" approach to no avail. I thought maybe a nice fruity "lady" cigar of some kind might entice her.
(12-15-2009, 11:31 PM)HokieJim Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm...you guys are not too encouraging so far! I would hope I have a better chance than Nayslayer with the driveway shoveling analogy, but I'm worried now. I've seen brands targeted specifically at women. Have you guys tried that approach? Or is that more akin to giving her a pink shovel and asking her to clear the driveway?? I already tried the "Just take a couple puffs and you won't smell it as much" approach to no avail. I thought maybe a nice fruity "lady" cigar of some kind might entice her.

Does she smoke cigarettes? If not, and she's not a smoker, then yes, you're getting her a pink shovel and she's going to tell you to "shovel it up your a$$!"

Or, by getting her some nice "fruity lady cigar" are you inferring in some sexist way that she can't HANDLE the "manly" cigar?

You can't win...she can and WILL spin it to however she needs to.

Rolleyes
I would suggest introducing her to some good quality flavored cigars (oxymoron, i know). CAO makes a very nice line.
Pages: 1 2 3