StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Sosa Pyramides #2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, so I read up a while back on how Skipper got a Sosa from the Sosa cigar store around Disneyworld... Well, ever since then, Ive been wanting to try one, and my local shop has them!  He said he probably won't order more when these are gone, because they don't sell that well.  Bearing in mind that I am in CA, my price point on these, with my frequent customer discount, was about $7.00/cigar after CA taxes.  Here are my thoughts on it.

As I do with all my smokes, I sniff the foot, and the length before I lit up, and I could TELL this was going to be a good smoke.  I clipped the cap with my Palio Cutter, and took a pre light draw.  Lots of floral notes, and spice.

As I lit up, and started puffing, the first thing I noticed was the serious amounts of billowing smoke, and the ease of draw.  I thought to myself, this is going to be a good one!

First third of the cigar had lots of hints of spice, along with a floral note.  It was outstanding and decently complex.  The spice and floral started to interchange with hints of cedar and wood notes.  This trend continued throughout the whole cigar, rotating between the spice and floral, and woodsy/leather/cedar notes.  All in all, I give this cigar an 8 out of 10 on my scale.  Only reason being, was that the burn left a little to be desired.  All in all, Im going back to my local shop and buying the ones he has left as soon as I get paid again.

Scott
Mmmmmmmmmmm.
Scott, this was a maddie correct?  The one I had was a maddie and mine had coco, coffee bean flavors with a sweet after taste, really good cigar.  Looking into getting a box
nice review, p.
the only bummer is our state's insane tax. and it may triple by the end of the year.Tongue
Not sure.. if it was a maddie, it was a light maddie.. Looked like a natural to me.
Scott  
Poriggity Wrote:Not sure.. if it was a maddie, it was a light maddie.. Looked like a natural to me.
Scott  
mine was really dark like a peice of chocolate.  You probably did have the natural
Either way, it was damn good.. Im now on the hunt for a box.  I really enjoyed it, but I just can't afford to pay 7 bucks a stick for one everytime I buy.
Scott  
Poriggity Wrote:Either way, it was damn good.. Im now on the hunt for a box.  I really enjoyed it, but I just can't afford to pay 7 bucks a stick for one everytime I buy.
Scott  
you interested in spliting a box of maddies in a couple of weeks?
Give me until at least the 30th and I could possibly split with ya... Big Grin
Scott  
I'm going to have to get some of these.  I think MD carries them and sells 5ers.
Pages: 1 2 3